M16 camo "SI 62"

Yesterday i was walking on a fleemarket when somebody said he had a helmet and some papers in his car which he had found while clearing out an old barn. Not expecting something exciting i went with him, but when he pulled out this helmet, i knew i had to have it. It's not a camouflagepatern i come across alot and one i didn't had in my collection until now. The leather interior is in great condition and it even has the chinstrap.

I know the foto's don't do any justice, but at the moment i only have my Phone to take photo's.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

Thank you! In 20 years collecting i've found 4-5 camo helmet outside the "militaria market", but this is the first one with the chinstrap.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

Nice find. As time goes by less and less stuff will come "out of the woodwork," so that is a great piece to find.

Nice camo to find on a fleemarket i go weekly to fleemarkets but never came acros sutch a nice helmet as yours

Nice catch :bravo:

Jonas

On the fleemarkets you have to know the people, most vendors keep the good stuff in the car for certain buyers. In the past i bought alot of helmets in worse condition just so they would keep offering me stuff and i would be able to buy the better stuff also. Those helmets i just sell to make some profit. In the past month i also had a complete Prussian m1895 in great condition with loads of patina and a german m16 without liner but with his original color (appelgreen and on top is a layer of ochre).

Greetings

Pickelhaube

Congratulations that is a super piece to add to your collection, very unusual to have that chin strap still on there. :thumb up:

Back