M18 with brow plate

Rendsburg

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-WWI-M18-GERMAN-HELMET-WITH-BROW-PLATE_W0QQitemZ6602902051QQcategoryZ13965QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I dont quite understand the question, was this posted just to let everbody know its for sale, and its good, or bad ????. Thanks Lyndon

Hi Lyndon,
Otto likes to post these things to make me crazy, the helmet is authentic M1918, in near relic condition, as for the Stirnpanzer, it would be hard to tell with out having it in hand, there are reproductions on the market, and the real ones have a ring to them, where as the repros have a dull tone.
Gus

Forgive me as im new, I dont understand the items by their technical names yet.

This one on ebay, 6601572563. It may not be real ??? if there is doubt i wont bid, if it is the real item, give a price as to what its worth and i will give it a shot.

This one as well I like, 6602902051 . Same deal, is it real, what is it worth.

Thanks in advance and plain english with the ebay #'s please.

Also some help as to what parts I need, EG the exact name of them, how much and where to look to finish my Spiked jobby that I bought on Ebay.

Thanks again Lyndon

Hi Lyndon.
Looking at 6601572563 it looks good to me, but at $650, I think it is a high price, but it is complete, it depends on how much cash you have on hand, the value should continue to go up. The only problem I can see with it, is that it looks like it has been oiled.
As for 6602902051 the helmet itself is of no real value, the device on the front of it is referred to as a Stirnpanzer or brow plate (frontal armor) The stirn panzer is the item of note, it is very possible that it is real, but it lacks any original finish and does not have the strap (common condition for these) and could bring between $500 and $900, the Strinpanzer is not often found due to the fact that there were not many made.
Gus

Back