M1915 Bavarian

Gustaf

Staff member
Here is a little something that I picked up today at the show in Ogden Utah, it lacked the spike (I borrowed on from a Prussian) but it has the Überzug, and the owner's name written on the liner, it is late and we just got home, but I thought I would post this photo with the question; what would one expect the owner's rank to be with this helmet.
Best
Gus
july2010017.jpg

This helmet is named to Offz St Stangle, this is the first Offizier Stellvertreter helmet I have run across in my neighbourhood, and inspite of the flaws with the helmet (missing spike, bent spine and tattered liner) I thiught it an interesting helmet. I will post more photos as soon as I get a little time.
Best
Gus

Here is a photo of the name, the others photos I took this morning were too poor to post, I will take some more shots later, the helmet was made in 1917, and bears the Ulm maker mark that is in my M15 Prussian (Joe, you already have this make in your list)
july2010003-1.jpg

Best
Gus

Congrat's on the neat Bavarian helmet & cover Gus! Glad to see you found something to add to your collection! I'll look forward to seeing more pics. =D>

Best Regards,

Alan

Here are a few more photos, I forgot to mention that this helmet is one of the rare size 59 helmets that are floating around, the largest leather M1915 that I have owned to date was a size 57.
july2010006-1.jpg

Here is a shot of the left side.
july2010007.jpg

The back showing the damage to the spine.
july2010005.jpg

The liner, it is not the best, but the name of the owner caught my eye.
july2010004-1.jpg

The only marking I can find on the Überzug.
Best
Gus

Hey Joe, I e-mailed you a copy, here is a photo of the marking
july2010140.jpg

It looks like it might be in Neu Ulm

timp_be said:
Hello.

Nice helmet... but please put the cockades on the right side! :D

Best regards

timp_be
That was done some time ago, I am too lazy to take new photos.
Best
Gus

Back