Managing Private Messages in your In Box

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
There have been a couple of occaisions now, where members are trying to PM other members and find that their email is not being sent. This problem is the result of the recipient's PM Box being full and the email bounces back. To delete PM emails and clean up your Box, click on the PM and the message will appear, you will then see a small box with an X on it click on this and you will be able to delete the message. The forum message system is a bit confusing as there is no obvious delete button on the page which lists all of your PM's. If a smarter more technical member has a better solution/method for example deleting a whole bunch of PMs at one time please post it here.

Actually, until a member see notices the tiny "1 new message" at the top, it sits in the OUTBOX of the sender. It can languish there forever if the recipient does not open it.

For deleting though, simply check the little box to the right of each PM. The column is titled MARK.

Then go to the bottom and use the drop-down menu Mark/UNMARK AS IMPORTANT to DELETE MARKED.

Then hit the GO button. You can delete as many as you wish at one time.

I have tried sending replies to PM's (via the SUBMIT button)but they just seem to sit in my OUTBOX and I have no idea if they are being sent. Alternatively, is there something I have to do to send them from the OUTBOX? I don't want people to think I am ignoring their messages,but I find the messaging system really quite confusing with no obvious SEND button. Might it be a good idea to have some sort of tutorial for antique users like me? !
Thanks,
Steve

Back