Manions

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Guy's I know Manions can be scary and expensive! I myself have not purchased anything from them in years. It sucks to pay more for shipping then an item cost!!!

Anyway, they just sent me an e-mail that membership is now free, just thought I would pass this on.

I guess they have a new owner, and he is trying to fix things..

James

James,

Interesting news! When I became sick, I mean, started in this hobby, Manions´site was the first I started to visit to see interesting things. Never buy anything from them, although, mainly because I heard and read some bad impressions.

It has been a long time since my last visit, so your news will lead me to give a try...

Thanks,

Douglas.

I live about fifteen minutes from Manions. It has indeed changed hands. Ron's health has deteriorated somewhat over the past few years and he finally decided to sell. The new owner is committed to improving things. We shall see. Ebay has hurt all of the auction houses, but it has also given them some competition that was sorely needed. Many have responded by offering better terms. I wish the new owner well and hope that they can start finding quality items to sell, with prices that the average collector can afford.

Chip

In the beginning years of my addiction, I also dealt with Manions. I mostly bought parts and scrappers from them. I still have a Beamte officer helme that I am working on. I stopped visiting their site due to the large numbers of faked or played with helmets, poor descriptions, high US dollar rate and their shipping fees. Consequently when they went on line and began asking for a membership fee I dropped them altogether. I will have to drop in now and take a look. Brian

Back