Manufacturer's Nuiance or Something Different...

dave mosher

This is another thread on "things that make you H-mmm". Here are two guard ulan officer plates with the stars removed. Do you see any discernable difference between them? :)

Dave

Ok now you got me going!

holes for star are smaller. and the holes are cut in different spots, the brass one has them cut in the bandeau, that is weird?

Chicken feet and feather on the legs differant. almost looks like the feathers on the silver feet are raised over the top of the plate.... or they overlap?

Am I getting close?

James

Do you see any discernable difference between them?

Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter, I got it I got it! One is silver and one is gilt. Took me a while -- -- aren't you glad I'm here to help. :lol: :lol:

Yuz Guyz is s-o-o-o smart! No trip to Iraq for yuz...(Sorry Paul). IMO all were probably just manufacturer's preferences... except the two differing scepters and chickens on the top; one has a wide-spread grenadier eagle and the other has a line eagle??? Is there any significance, perhaps in dating the plates? The silver plate is on a earlier tchapka with a very small, flat star. I'm just throwing out something to ponder about. I don't see anything in the references why there would be a difference.

Dave

Besides the feather pattern etc. (things that concern the plate design), one manufacturer put efforts into avoiding breaking into the bandeau and the other did not.

Back