Masurisches Feld-Artillery Regiment 73 kugelhaube cover

Frozzer

Hi.

Today I received my first kugelhaube cover.

It was found few years ago in attic of old artilery kaserne in my city. I don't bought it then - but now I had a second chance to own it.

I'm only collecting ww1 german items wich are connected to my city - Allenstein.
My city was called by germans - Kasernopolis - beacouse in it was located four german regiments.

10 - Dragoon's regiment
73 - (1 Masuriches) Feld-Artillery regiment
146 - Infanterie Regiment
150 - Infanterie Regiment

Nice subject to collecting :]

ok, here you have some photos of cover.

Number is handsewn to cover - like a name tag too.

DSC_1204.jpg

DSC_1211.jpg

DSC_1213.jpg

Excellent cover! Those markings are some of the best that I have seen plus the name tag. They do not come better than that. Congratulations.

pointystuff said:
Allenstein? As in the birthplace of Otto Parschau?

Hi

Otto born in Klutznitz - in the Allenstein province of ostpreussen.
He served in 151 IR (I have one ID tag from this regiment in collection ) But the 151 IR was located in Bischofsburg and Sensburg.

Unfortunetly cover has missing 80% of cypher "7" but signatures inside are great

Maybe you know what means date "1906" and later stamped "1912" ??
and what means cypher "II" - I suppose it mean second cover of kanonier Janecke ?

Best Wishes
Michal

Hi Michal,
welcome there and congratulations for this Überzug with really great markings! =D>
What a luck to find such an artefact in an old Kaserne, after such a long time!
I think this cover has been issued 1906 and then reissued 1912 in another battery, maybe the 6th.(6B).
"II" is for "zweite Garnitur", meaning second set or choice, because it was for a longer time in duty.
I am owning a felt pickelhaube of the JR152 (Deutsch Ordens) which was in garrison in Marienburg (Malbork), only about 70 kms from your town Allenstein (Olsztyn).
Enjoy following picts!
Philippe :salute:

Nice filzhaube - Thanks for sharing

I have militarpass from 150IR too - maybe someone could help me with translation ?

thanks !

Michal,
maybe I can try to help with translation of your Militärpass. (hope the old german writing is still readable, but I can do my best.). Feel free to post some picts or to pm.

argonne said:
Michal,
maybe I can try to help with translation of your Militärpass. (hope the old german writing is still readable, but I can do my best.). Feel free to post some picts or to pm.

HI

I made new topic for this

Thanks !

http://www.pickelhaubes.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6785" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back