MAX show 2022

Hey All,

After some medical issues, I think I might finally be able to make it to the MAX show this year in York PA. Since the show newly because apart of Ohio Valley, OVMS members are allowed to get in a day early on Thursday at noon. Does anyone know if this is worth showing up early for? Do most vendors have everything set up before the official Friday opening?

Cheers
Jay

Jay-- OVMS members can get in at noon on Thursday, while public is Friday at 9am. Honestly, as James suggested, get in as early as you. Most dealers will absolutely be set up by Thursday at noon.

Jay-- OVMS members can get in at noon on Thursday, while public is Friday at 9am. Honestly, as James suggested, get in as early as you. Most dealers will absolutely be set up by Thursday at noon.
Is the Max not mostly 3rd Reich ??
That is what I have heard
Steve

It’s been 4 maybe 5 years since I have been there. The last show I went to was in Pittsburgh. From my experience it’s about 75% WWII with the remainder being a mix of everything else. Still it’s way more than anything else near me.

Are there any shows that have primarily pre-wwii dealers?

Cheers

It’s been 4 maybe 5 years since I have been there. The last show I went to was in Pittsburgh. From my experience it’s about 75% WWII with the remainder being a mix of everything else. Still it’s way more than anything else near me.

Are there any shows that have primarily pre-wwii dealers?

Cheers
I find the SOS to be the best show .
All shows have a lot of WWII
without that there would not be many shows
Steve

The MAX Show has "evolved" since OVMS acquired it in late 2014. I've gone every year since 2015 after going some years and not others, and my purchases have included a Chinese Jingal (wall rifle) from the Taiping Rebellion, an Imperial German colonial slouch hat, and a couple of small cannons.

The show is now in York, PA and I have to say the venue is quite different from Monroeville. In addition, the York Antique Arms Show is in the same complex. I found an early rimless Brodie (a real Brodie not a MkI) at that show last year. So I would say there is always something to find.

I'm looking forward to both shows in less than two weeks.

Back