MAX Show

Maple Creek

Yesterday I received confirmation from the Ohio Valley Military Society that I've got two tables at the MAX show. Is anybody else from pickelhaubes.com going?
Mark D.

Sadly I am not, gave up on Max years ago, not of big fan of location and expensive to fly to from Midwest. Last couple times I went, very little Imperial.

I hope you come back and tell me I am wrong and that it is better, then maybe next year?

Best

James

Sorry to miss you. I'll report back. It will be my first time going. The location works for me because I can drive there in a day.
-Mark D.

J.LeBrasseur said:
Sadly I am not, gave up on Max years ago, not of big fan of location and expensive to fly to from Midwest. Last couple times I went, very little Imperial.

I hope you come back and tell me I am wrong and that it is better, then maybe next year?

Best

James

I'll be there with two tables in the ACTION ROOM. The show has steadily improved since OVMS took over. It is really the only fall show we travel to, so it has been worth doing.

It isn't SOS or really even close, but it is a good show and not too far for my wife and me to hit. Honestly, it has a more relaxed feeling than SOS because it is only half the size.

I'll be there. I have one table. I think this might be my last year to have a table at the MAX. In the future I'll go and just wander around and visit with old friends.
If you're at the show please stop by and say hello. I love to visit with fellow collectors.
Jim Turinetti

J.LeBrasseur said:

Best

James

I thought Max was back east, did they move it to Denver?

Gustaf said:
J.LeBrasseur said:

Best

James

I thought Max was back east, did they move it to Denver?

It is in Pittsburgh, which doesn't consider itself a Midwest city. It might be only an hour or so from Ohio, but it is really an Eastern City.

I,ll be there saturday-Its a good show but not to many WW1 items-tons of Nazi stuff-not to many dealers happy last year-sales were down.....................

I will be there, and have 2 tables along the wall to the left of the main entrance. I don't expect to find much, but sales might pick ( for me at least ) due to the stronger Euro.

Will return from a long trip to Germany (Berlin, Potsdam, Dresden, & Poland) 2 days before, so I might be relaxing more than usual.

MAX is less than three weeks away. How time flies.

While I still prefer SOS and find it to be my favorite week of the year, I have to say since OVMS took over I have found MAX to be a quality show where I can take a more casual approach to buying, selling and catching up with other collectors like Willi. I think Willi and I sort of say "hello" at SOS and we're each off in different directions but at MAX (and I guess Baltimore) we can make time to have a real conversation.

I'm looking forward to MAX a lot this year. I hope ugly politics doesn't rear its uglier head of course!

Peter, I agree the Max is a better show to socialize. To me the SOS is too large, in the sense that I have a tough time venturing from my tables for very long, and even walking all the isles.

I hear what others are saying about Imperial items. Other than WWII, my Imperial and pre-Imperial interests are pre-1900 and the Wars of Unification. The Max and SOS are not fertile ground for that. I would suggest going to the Kassel Show for that. I will go this December for the 4th time in 5 years, and hope to make this an annual trip.

Back