Mecklenburg-Schwerin Dragoon Regt 17 - Vizewachtmeister - mounted

cptbob

I really like this photo. Great details of his uniform. In addition there are also examples of some of the horse equipment specific to this Regiment. These are the black sheepskin saddle cover (red stripe around the edge), the metal plate on the breast strap and the braided leather cross-strap on the horse's forehead. Enjoy!
dr17_small.jpg
dr17_a.jpg
dr17_horse.jpg

As a senior NCO he is authorized to carry an officer's sword and portepee. The Mecklenburg-Schwerin officer's portepee's were the same as the Prussian ones but with the M-S state colors in the center
IMG_0912.JPG

Very nice .Great photo .
Thanks for the post .
I just saw that Weitze sold a D R 17 helmet for 3,500 Euro
Steve

Thanks Steve. I saw that one on auction in December at Carsten-Zeige. Thought about bidding on it but was a little leery about the wappen and the backpiece. Then it showed up on Weitze. I am looking for one when a nice one pops up!.

Bob ; Interesting about the D R 17 helmet .
I thought that it was overpriced for the condition
However someone bought it
Steve

I saw that one too.

It's a great rare photo. Very sharp and crisp with the details. They used a high quality lens to shoot it.

Were you the lucky buyer?

Am I missing something here, but is this chap not wearing the double cuff rings of an "Etatsmäßiger" Wachtmeister?

Regards
Glenn

Hi Glenn,
I was basing my ID on this page from Herr and Nguyen....The Mecklenburg-Schwerin NCO lace has a gold stripe in the middle of it that really stands out in the monochrome photo and makes it look like 2 bands of NCO lace.
Cheers
Bob

IMG_0916small.jpg

Back