Mecklenburgisches Füsilier-Regiment Kaiser Wilhelm Nr.90

Those are some really nice Mecklenburg helmets Bruno!
If only I could find an M15 Mecklenburg... so rare..

Excellent! Regards, Coert.
Many thanks, Coert.
Yes, these are very rare. I may have seen two for sale in the past ten years, none of which had the correct M15 Mecklenburg spike...
Even rarer is the M15 Strelitz. I cannot remember seeing a single one for sale. Steve owns one, perhaps.

Many thanks, Coert.
Yes, these are very rare. I may have seen two for sale in the past ten years, none of which had the correct M15 Mecklenburg spike...
Even rarer is the M15 Strelitz. I cannot remember seeing a single one for sale. Steve owns one, perhaps.
Not in Feldgrau !
I can guess who has one who I will not name
I can check photos to see
there are so many helmets it is impossible to remember them all
it took me one entire day just to do the photos
Steve

Awesomely fantastic thread from Karl’s photos, Steve’s shoulder boards and finish up with Bronco’s pickelhauben Peter’s 90th GroupingThis is as good as a four course meal of steak, steak, steak and more steak!
Thanks!
John

Last edited:
Not in Feldgrau !
I can guess who has one who I will not name
I can check photos to see
there are so many helmets it is impossible to remember them all
it took me one entire day just to do the photos
Steve
You don't have to name him, Steve, I know whom you are referring to. I might also ask.

fantastique photo de famille!!!!!!!!!!! je n'avais vu de modèle 15 auparavant !!!!!!!!!le dragon est une tuerie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, Pierrick. This D18 helmet is indeed a sensation. It does not come from the collector world. It was offered (as a "Prussian officer helmet"...) to an antique dealer in payment for a furniture appraisal he had done in a private household in the USA. It is close to perfect and amazingly intact. Judging from the marks left in the visor I would guess chinscales were never undone. Anecdotally, a well-known French collector told me once that if I ever decided to let it go, whatever the price I would be offered he would pay more...
I acquired this helmet about twenty years ago and it remains one of my favorites.

You don't have to name him, Steve, I know whom you are referring to. I might also ask.
Right now there is a project by the Austrian book publisher Verlag to do a book
based only on this spiked helmet collection .
I hope that I live to have a copy in hand .
I know that the photos have been taken
It will be the best book ever on the subject
Steve

Back