Mess Kit Mystery: Ruritanian?

OK, I give up and admit defeat. I have beaten my head against the wall long enough, and am seeking guidance from my betters. Does anyone here recognize this pattern mess kit? The name is a clue to an extent, but of course we have seen German names on Russian mess kits, French names on British mess kits, and every other conceivable permutation when it comes to gear and trench art.

The detail is interesting; pieced aluminum construction with a riveted back seam and thick soldered base.

I asked Anna if she recognized it since we have had a lot of stuff through here that for some reason she remembers in detail and I have forgotten completely. Without missing a beat, she pronounced it "Ruritanian". That's downright entertaining, and I'm absolutely stealing that line for use at shows.. but still, the mystery remains.

And no, it's not from Freedonia, Val Verde, Wadiya, Samunda, Oceania, Zamunda, or even Svenborgia. I checked each and every one, to no avail.

When this turns out to be something head-slapping obvious that I have somehow overlooked, I will be appropriately shamed, but grateful.

View attachment 1

Make that two without a clue

Never in my collecting live seen one of these

Sorry not of any help from me

But curieus who will know witch this one is

Jonas

I would bet Anna is right, I have only seen her wrong once, and that was when she said you would be embarrassed when we asked you to autograph Lorie LeB's bosom, boy she got that one wrong:)

Back