Metal top 1915 Offz Tschapka

This is one cool Tschapka Francis! Congratulations! I missed one like this sold by Kube a few years ago, and I did not manage to find another one since.
Bruno

I noticed !

I do not know whether the outer shell is stitched as well (and hidden by the Wappen...). I'm not keen to take the eagle of...
Hope you understand.

As far as I can see: no stitches (seam) on the outer shell beneath the Wappen.
Perhaps hidden by the black lacquer ?

Perhaps someone has seen examples of Mod 1915 Offz-stitched-Tschapka shells.
I'll have a closer look at my reference books.

Rgds,
Francis

Excellent Francis, congratulations. I have never seen an M15 officer tschapka in all my years of collecting...never knew they even existed except for the Infantry and Arty models.. Stitching up the front behind the wappen...very unusual. An excellent liner too..... pre war quality. A very rare bird indeed.

Hi Francis, I also woudn't take the eagle of... just look at the nuts and washers, they seem really untouched. Again, excellent find!

Adler

As Brian noted, the Tschapka has indeed many traits of a pre-war model. I wonder if it was a conventional pre-war helmet which was modified to adopt a removable mortarboard and enlisted-type chinscale attachments...
Bruno

The scales are thin and are very lightweight: so probably wartime fabrication.
Probably cheaper to have a pre-war Tschapka modified with a metal top than a completely new Tschapka.
This-possible- modification was well done !
Who will tell ?
But: thanks again !
Rgds,
Francis

Back