Miineapolis/St. Paul show today

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Had a great time at the show today, not much for spikes, but got to see my friends and fellow forum members Jerry Rehr, Dick Roback, Bob Evans, Alan Schaefer.

And one great new surprise, got to meet the legend Chip Minx at the show, he drove up!! It was a pleasure to meet him and put a face with the name.

Tried to talk him into SOS next year, which is actually closer for him then this show I think?

Thanks

James

I can not believe Chip would drive 800 miles to a podunk show in Miineapolis and will not drive the 400 miles to SOS

Yes, it was great to see fellow forum members Chip, James, Bob, Jerry, Dick, and all the others! It was also a good surprise to see an old friend John Conway who had come up with A.S.M.I.C. President Jim McDuff from Kansas City as well. I always count this show as being only 2nd to the SOS for the fun time I have.

I was so dumbfounded to see Chip standing in front of my table wearing glasses and saying "hi Alan" to me while at the same time I had a table holder friend come up beside me behind the table and start talking to me (interrupting Chip's hello) that I didn't even recognize Chip at first. (I've never seen Chip wearing glasses before, and I also only slept about 2-hours before the show started that morning) #-o :-k :oops:

It was ironic that as I was telling Chip that I could call Bob Evans to see if he was coming to the show, and just as I pulled out my phone to call Bob, he showed up in front of my table. :lol:

Not trying to speak for Chip, but I know he was happy to be able to meet these great guys in person and be able to put faces with their names so as to say. I think that was a lot of the reason why he drove up, just be able to meet them in person.

Hopefully we can convince him to come to the SOS next year! :-$

Best Regards,

Alan

Hopefully we can convince him to come to the SOS next year! :-$

It is a lot closer. And and now that Dick is out from underneath that check writing scheme maybe we will see him soon!

Great to see the "gang" and also to meet Chip and as James said put a face with the name!!! Nice to hear from Joe also!! Dick

Back