Militärpaß

Chip Minx

I'm generally not into imperial paper documents, though like most collectors of the era, I have some award documents, Militärpaß, Soldbücher, etc. I do, however, like to look at everything and I was browsing Ebay.de and found this Militärpaß. It caught my eye because it was from I.R.124, a Württemberg unit, which wore a cyphered shoulder strap and because of the association with Erwin Rommel.

When I got to the page that the officer signed, I about fell out of my chair. A few tense days later I had bought the booklet for less than the normal going price for a run-of-the-mill infantry Militärpass. I was a bit amazed, but happy that no one else had caught it.

if you want one you never find
in this case one would say'it is looking for a needle in a haystack
but you have found the 'needle'
congrats with it
how big is his war resemae of this person

jonas

I can not believe that Chip fell for the fake I sold on ebay Rommel's signature is the easiest to forge:)

Another , later, example of his signature has just appeared for sale.

http://www.cocollector.co.uk/viewphoto.php?shoph=12891&phqu=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patrick

Yes, another pass from this regiment appeared just months later. Only this time, the seller advertised that it had a Rommel signature and it sold for over 200 Euro! I got mine for a tenth of that price. I don't suppose there will be any more sleeper documents from this regiment!

Chip

Back