Miscellaneous box

USN

I have seen many impressive and well organized collections going through some of these threads and it kind of made me wonder if anyone has smaller cases of miscellaneous pieces that maybe don't get as much attention. I have a few of them for different periods, this one is rather special for me because my great grandfather made the case years ago and now I have given it a new purpose for my miscellaneous imperial/ ww1 items given his deep interest in "the old country" he was also the last person to keep in contact with what is left of our lineage in Germany unfortunately.

20211221_161149.jpg

Alot of these items did come out of the same group, the person was selling a large collection of ww1 stuff and I bought what I could afford at the time which unfortunately wasn't alot, there is also an artillery map of Verdun that came with this. I've tried to find some information on our families service in prussia but haven't had much luck, and Prussian records were destroyed in ww2. I had hoped to figure out what units had recruited out of the area my family lived in but haven't had much luck with that either. Far too many east Prussian units

Back