Mlitary school straps

mike kelso

A couple of interesting pre-war straps. I recently added these to my collection hoping the black one was a LHR strap. Unfortunately that was not the case. The straps came with small id labels which I could some what make out but thanks to Tony who did the hard work the straps are;

The black strap is to Sachsen Aufsehen Militar knaben erziehungs Institut Aunaburg (now Naumburg) translated as ...Boys Military Education Institute Aunaburg

The yellow strap is for Unteroffizier-Vorschulen Weilburg. The cord signifies a altester zweiter (room senior second).

Mike

Always something new to learn about this subject .
That is what makes it so interesting .
Thanks for the photos .
Steve

What reference did you use to find this? Information on the Knaben always seem so hard to find if you find anything at all.

Tony,

I am still a bit non-plussed with the black strap. I understood that the boys at Annaburg wore red straps?

Regards
Glenn

Glenn I tried to read the tag (difficult) which came up with aufsehen Mili. knaben erziehungs Institut Aunaburg (boys Military education institute at Annaburg).

Das deutsches Heer indeed shows Annaburg wearing red straps. So perhaps it is something else and the tag is incorrect. I honestly just translated the tag for Mike and did not check DDH :shaking:

Glennj said:
Tony,

I am still a bit non-plussed with the black strap. I understood that the boys at Annaburg wore red straps?

Regards
Glenn

Back