More Dragoons From SOS 2020 KAGGR#!

ww1czechlegion said:
So Amy was the one who had the winning bid on that M15 Prussian dragoon helmet from eBay a while back. Congratulations Amy! I saw that it had very thin cardboard/ersatz visors on it from the auction photos.

We all missed out on a super rare M15 Dragoon enlisted spike that sold on eBay when we were at the SOS on February 23rd. I tried to get the seller to take it off the helmet and sell it separately, but he wouldn't do that. The spike was on a "beater" Prussian e.m. M15 helmet with a missing liner, repro kokardes and repro chinstrap. Some lucky soul won the auction for $330. They probably wanted the helmet just for the rare spike, and rightly so if they did. Whoever got it probably isn't a forum member here, and most likely among the countless numbers of unknown silent "closet collectors" out there.

I'll post some photos of the spike and helmet.

Best Wishes,

Alan

dragoon spike 1.jpg

dragoon spike 2.jpg

dragoon spike 4.jpg

dragoon spike 6.jpg

dragoon spike 5.jpg

Yap, won the Dragoon - thanks Alan.

I did see that helmet with the "rare spike" but didn't pay much attention then. Sigh, I should have but there again we always regret some of our stupid mistakes. :)

coert65 said:
Nice helmet Amy!

B.I.A VII stands for Bekleidungs Instandsetzungs Amt VII, the repairdepot were it was probable redone, the F stands for Feldmassig, good to be used in the field.

Greetings, Coert. :thumb up:

Coert,

Thank you for the information.

Very useful research info. =D> =D>

ww1czechlegion said:
So Amy was the one who had the winning bid on that M15 Prussian dragoon helmet from eBay a while back. Congratulations Amy! I saw that it had very thin cardboard/ersatz visors on it from the auction photos.

We all missed out on a super rare M15 Dragoon enlisted spike that sold on eBay when we were at the SOS on February 23rd. I tried to get the seller to take it off the helmet and sell it separately, but he wouldn't do that. The spike was on a "beater" Prussian e.m. M15 helmet with a missing liner, repro kokardes and repro chinstrap. Some lucky soul won the auction for $330. They probably wanted the helmet just for the rare spike, and rightly so if they did. Whoever got it probably isn't a forum member here, and most likely among the countless numbers of unknown silent "closet collectors" out there.

I'll post some photos of the spike and helmet.

Best Wishes,

Alan

dragoon spike 1.jpg

dragoon spike 2.jpg

dragoon spike 4.jpg

dragoon spike 6.jpg

dragoon spike 5.jpg

I posted this same helmet with spike on the e-bay sales section.

Back