Mud Blood And Poppycock

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the delay.....but I am a teacher with a wife 2 kids, a dog, orchids, a Macaw, tropical fish, collect pointy hats and I play guitar in a rock band so time can be precious . Finally here are the scanned pics I mentioned. They are not that clear but in the book, you can see that the individual in question is wearing an M95 Bavarian helmet with tin support on the outside of the shell held in place by the split brads.
cropped1.jpg

cropped2.jpg

Along with everyone else, I do not see any practical use for having the support disc on the outside of the helmet under the spike. I do believe however, that this sort of thing(see pic) and the solderd spike base that I posted previously support Randy Trawniks' comment about the Germans finding ways of lowering their helmet profile prior to the issuing of the M15 helmets. Brian

Brian: I played with the image in Photo Shop and the only thing I can see looks like a standard round spike base.

Reservist1

Hey Brian, is it possible in the original photo, what you are seeing is a reflection of the standard spike base? (I am with Tony and Res, I can not see any thing out of the ordinary)
Fus

Thats too bad. I can see it on my flat screen monitor and again clearly in the book. The problem lies in the image of the individual directly behind the guy with the haube. Too much time wasted, lets forget the whole issue. B

Hey Brian,
Don't give up so easy, some of us are still using candle power monitors.
Gus

Back