Black Books

Khukri

116oqr4.jpg

What are the 5 black bound books ?
No titles sown
there are two with numbers 1 & 2 ?
Thanks
Steve

My "Black Books": My translations of the J-L Larcade books. Those marked 1 & 2: English. Without markings: Dutch. Text only. The illustrations with translated captions in pdf only. Yep...took me some time! Had them bound in hardcover by our local Copycentre. The thin "Black Book" (a bit more to the left) is de Répertoire by Didier LAINE. The original binding was lousy. So I had it bound as well.
Francis

You should consider sending files of these to amazon so people could order them for themselves.

Amazon Sucks if you're a Seller. They will want a large volume of inventory, and then they will eventually return the unsold copies to the seller in damaged or "not new" condition. Plus they take a commission for selling. Francis is better off selling them directly here and on other collector forums, and not dealing with the incredible hassle of Amazon.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Just finished the translations of a total of 880 pages. Dutch and English. From the French.
Enjoyed it. Started the text in 2010-2011. Now finished the captions. A challenge.
-Now plan to add another 440 pages...Deutsch.
Eine Herausforderung!
-I once contacted a French editor on a certain book [not one of these]... not interested in editing translation to English...Strange...

Attachments

• 20240305_114024.jpg
    20240305_114024.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Some of if not the best reference books are only published in French.

I've never understood why English aditions have never been released.

With over 400 million people using English natively and another 1.5 billion who use it as a second language that's a lot of potential sales. :oops:

Some of if not the best reference books are only published in French.

I've never understood why English aditions have never been released.

With over 400 million people using English natively and another 1.5 billion who use it as a second language that's a lot of potential sales. :oops:
I have had the good fortune of having a French girlfriend for many years, besides having learned the French language, which I had at school.
But the best books are indeed the French ones, fortunately I have those in my reference library here.

My five "Black Books" Dutch translations are on the shelf now-next to the original-French-Larcade Volumes I and II and the Hors Série/Special Edition Nr 31 Magazine "Uniformes-Les Casques à Pointe".
-The five English translations are ready as well.
Waiting reorganisation of the shelves.

Attachments

• 20240308_141404.jpg
    20240308_141404.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240308_142423.jpg
    20240308_142423.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 9
Back