My Christmas present this year šŸŽ

Sandmann

Howdy-Ho Gentlemen,
Iā€˜m happy to show my christmas present, which was under the tree this year. Itā€™s the set of 2 books about the Franco/Prussian-War in 1870/71 from the publisher ā€žMilitaria-Verlagā€œ. As far as I could see after some short glances, the books are great, with nice informations and high-resolution photos from the German and French armies.
I remembered a post from the last few months asking for a photo of a Landwehr eagle from 1867 and checked it first, but unfortunately the books don't contain a photo of it either. I could only find a Landwehr officer helmet with a non-compliant line eagle with banner and Landwehr cross. In addition, a note that it is not known if such deviations were common for officers.
Nevertheless, I can only warmly recommend the books (y)
B7837234-BE40-423C-A88D-43C622ABFA1E.jpeg
Source of the photo: ā€žDer Deutsch-Franzƶsische Krieg 1870/71ā€œ from publisher ā€žMilitaria-Verlagā€œ:
234954DF-5792-4410-8FF8-02EF7653CB2C.jpeg

The books from Militaria Verlag are really excellent! I have several of them here.
A great christmas present Sandy!

Most are done in German .
They do English of quite a few of them
I have never seen French editions
I have met and spoken with the publisher .
He sets up at our S O S in Louisville , Ky.
except the years where the virus did not allow
his travel to the U S A .
There is a volume in the works on Imperial German
helmets .All of the helmets are in the collection
of a friend of mine .
I think that this will be the book on helmets
to end all books on helmets .
Steve

That was me Sandy looking for an M1860 Prussian eagle Reserve Wappen. Thank you for looking. The books no doubt are fabulous. My Beloved wife got me the Verlag Reichswehr book and it is as expected, superb.

Itā€™s actually a relatively common thing to find Prussian eagle Wappens where the man was serving (Fatherland Bandeau), then rolled over to Reserve status and a Landwehr cross was placed on the tail feathers. I have several.

they are a top present. verlag books do set the standard at present....no pun intended :)

cheers Tony

You can buy this book in english and french. The german version is sold out. The two parts are from different authors. There are any mistakes in the first part, discribing the german army, but a great book. For example they sometimes write that, the prussian crownprince Friedrich Wilhelm and Prinz Friedrich Carl where brothers, but they where Cousins. Fathers brothers and also ther Mothers sisters.

Back