My Complete Wappen collection

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
Some, more specific examples from my wappen collection:

Top Or's wappen JR 117, Bottom Or's Pionier Batl. Nr 10

Oldenburg Officer JR 91 , Wurttemberg Reserve Officer

To be continued...

Top left, an example of the cupro aluminium Prussian OR wappen, below Prussian OR reservist, right M1860 OR's plate from Feld Arty Regt #1,2,3,6 Fus Arty #1,2,3

Top older style OR Garde Grenadier Wappen, bottom Garde officer wappen. Note on the OR...adler tail is fused with sword and sceptre hilts. More......

Some Tschako wappen:

Top left M15, Neu silber OR, bottom Officer, mid war due to the use of split brads instead of screw posts.

Reverse side, note on the Neu Silber wappen the extra loop soldered just below the neck on the eagle. This loop was used to attach the feldzeichen to those felt tschakos which were made without the usual stitched pocket behind the wappen. My thanks to Zebedeus for this information

Today's posting: OR Saxe Inf. wappen and OR's from Ulan Regt #13 and of course an OR's Garde Stern.

The Saxe wappen is pre 1895 due to the use of screw posts, note also the use of soldered prongs to hold the shield on to the star.

Todays post JzP OR and an OR's tschapka plate:

My thanks to T Schnurr for selling me the JzP

Note the extra solder on the Tschapka wappen at points where they typically can break.

Todays post, a pair of Bavarian post 1896 OR's wappen. The one with the silver cross is of course, a reservist. The pre 1896 wappen had the extra laurel vines between the lion's legs which these do not.

Both of these, have loops soldered on the reverse.

Merry Christmas to all!! Today's post...Baden neu silber OR wappen. Possibly worn by Dragoner Regts, 20,21,22, Pioneer Battalion 14

b.loree said:
Reverse side, note on the Neu Silber wappen the extra loop soldered just below the neck on the eagle. I suspect this represents a private purchase piece.

No, it's an issued wappen and it is quite rare.
Some felt ersatz shakos dont have the feldzeichen frontal pocket sewn behind eagle but instead they have a third rectangular hole in the middle for that loop. The feldzeichen is blocked passing its wire through a cut at the top of the shako and inside through that loop so the pocket it's not necessary. I have seen also this way to block the feldzeichen on felt lacquered and cardboard lacquered tshako because they rarely have the feldzeichen pocket. Hope you understand my explanation as my english is poor.

Anyway you have an impressive collection!

Thank you very much "Z" for that clarification, I will add that to the wappen description. Your English is excellent by the way, very easy to understand. :thumb up:

Leone said:
I have the same loop on hussar bandeau and tshako eagle.

hello, i have never had the pleasure to inspect in my hand an ersatz busby made of felt, but the few i've seen in photo or museums (Fort de la Pompelle) haven't the frontal pocket so I think they could have an extra loop similarly to the ersatz tshako wappen. It's my conjecture, nothing proved. Nobody has an ersatz busby in his collection?

Back