My first JzP helmet and a pretty cool ersatz tin.

USMC-EOD

I was fortunate to pick up an M-1915 Jager zu Pherd helmet from the wife of a friend who passed away a couple of years ago. Nothing special; however it is my first and I figured I would post it. Many thanks to the forum member who posted the M-1915 JzP maker comparisons a few months back.

I have also posted pictures of a new Bavarian ersatz tin helmet that I purchased from the same source. The only markings I have been able to find is the number 58 size stamp-painted on the rear neck guard and a number 8 pressed/stamped into the metal in the top of the crown. Standard brass wappen with two loops on the back held by leather wedges.

Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to post so many great images on this site. It really has been the highlight of each day to log on and read your insights and view your photos. Thanks and Semper Fi. Bryan.

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00953.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00956-1.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

Nothing special!! Well I beg to differ........

Your JzP looks in nice shape and it has the original longer spike still on there which makes it pretty special. I don't seem to see those around too often.

The Bayern is nice too, congratulations!

Two very nice helmets indeed! Whenever you want to sell them, just let me know :D ...

Greetings from Belgium,

Adler

Very nice and cool helmets.
Thanks for sharing them here,Bryan. But what about to share here the name and address of your "atractive source"? :lol:

Thank you Gentlemen.

I've pretty much decided to gear the bulk of my collecting budget toward enlisted M-1915 examples and ersatz due to availability and prices. I see so many amazing examples of extremely rare and high-end helmets on this site. I am afraid that I would never be able to justify the expenditure of one of these high-end examples to the Boss (my wife) unless I was able to pick it up for a song. I appreciate all of the examples and info that you guys post.

To the moderator: The little red "bells" that are lit up normally when I log on showing new messages have not been showing up for the last few days. Is it my computer or is the site experiencing technical problems?

R/S

Bryan.

I know exactly what youmean about not being able to afford the
highend helmets that some of thee guys post. But is sure is fun to
look .

As for the little red bells. They are pretty much hit or miss. Very seldom
do they work for me.

I don't know if it's my computer, or the site, but those "little red bells" only light up for me a few times in the year. The rest of the time it comes up like I've already read all of the posts, even if I haven't signed on for several days! It's frustrating, but I just ignore it. I just have to look at the date of the posts and read the newer ones. :x

Liongules said:
I don't know if it's my computer, or the site, but those "little red bells" only light up for me a few times in the year. The rest of the time it comes up like I've already read all of the posts, even if I haven't signed on for several days! It's frustrating, but I just ignore it. I just have to look at the date of the posts and read the newer ones. :x

USMC-EOD said:
To the moderator: The little red "bells" that are lit up normally when I log on showing new messages have not been showing up for the last few days. Is it my computer or is the site experiencing technical problems?

Chris, Bryan. Wow. I have NO idea what you are talking about? Could you guys please start a thread in the help secton? And describe the probem? First I have heard of this, and really don't know what you mean?

Thanks,

Now I know that I'm not the only one with the bell problem. Funny thing; they all were working a few days ago.

Bryan.

USMC-EOD said:
Tony, Got the message. I wrote you in the "help" section.Bryan.

Mike, Bryan, now that this glitch has been raised in the HELP section, I will delete the postings in this thread on Friday concerning this issue so as to not distract from Bryan's great helmets.

Ho-HAA! Negotiate.

Thanks Brian (with an "I").

Sorry 'bout getting off track with the computer issues Tony.

S/F

Bryan (with a "Y").

Back