My Haul From The SOS

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
I have been infected with the shoulder board bug as a result of associating with T Schnur too much. These are not cheap on Ebay especially the cyphered ones. A good thing about a Show is that you can dicker with the dealer for better prices and you do not have the "World" of shoulder board collectors snapping at your heels running up the price! Regarding the M95 Saxon (no liner), I saw it on Thurs and the dealer wanted $400. His price dropped to $300 on Fri and by Sat I got it for my original offer. You can't do that on Ebay!! Heres some fotos:
EbaySales20007plus1024.jpg

EbaySales20007plus1007.jpg

Great, another shoulder strap collector to compete with, it would not be so bad if you guys would stick to shoulder straps, but nooo, you have to collect helmet too, and then pretty soon, you need a tunic to display with the straps and it just keeps on getting worse.
I saw a m95 Prussian at the gun show in Yuma AZ, the seller was asking $500 because it was mint, but it ws not much better than the Saxon you bout at SOS, as it was missing the front visor and liner, but he would not budge. After I showed him that it was missing the front visor, he displayed it backward, I guess that solved the problem of the missing front visor, but now it was missing the back visor and the Wappen was on the wrong end. He will be able to get his money out of it in a few years, I am sure that even Brian would have choked a few years ago if some would have offered the Saxon to him for what he gladly paid last week.
Gus

There is an easy way of handing it when you pay too much. Just tell yourself, "I'm paying tomorrow's price today. But in a week it won't matter!"

Which isthe 11th board? Nice little group . Now gus be nice .
A friend ( older Dealer ) keeps telling me Penny cheap now Pound folish later. It stil does not make it feel better.
mark

Mark: The 11th board is from the Kurhessische Train Abtailung garrisoned at Cassel. Brian

zipperheads9 said:
Which isthe 11th board? Nice little group . Now gus be nice .
A friend ( older Dealer ) keeps telling me Peeny cheap now Pound folish later. It stil does not make it feel better.
mark
Hey Mark
It is the light blue on on the right with the "11" on it. Hehehe rsrsrs
Gsu

Back