My Meagre Haul From SOS

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
As requested, some pics of the items that I found at the SOS. The late war mutze is stamped to AR7 BAV? E 1 Mulhe. The rear spine in white metal could be either Hessen or Dragoon. The 21st Baden Dragoon straps were an exciting find. The large 42 strap is a pre 1907 great coat strap given to me by Randy T. There was also a gift from Gus, the 2 vol set of German Field Uniforms and Euipment signed by all of the folks at the show. These books will be treasured always. They were the best bring backs of the SOS. Brian

LouisvilleTrip087.jpg

LouisvilleTrip094.jpg

LouisvilleTrip089.jpg

LouisvilleTrip091.jpg

There was also a gift from Gus, the 2 vol set of German Field Uniforms and Euipment signed by all of the folks at the show.
This is not true, Joe, James, Paul and Chas all were equal part of the gift of the books.
Gus

Thanks Gus. I did not know the details of who contibuted only that they were your books to begin with. Many thanks Joe, Paul, James and Chas. Brian

Your welcome on the book!

By the way since I made you buy the Mutz, you should probably just give it to me!!!!!

That is a nice little Krätchen. Good score. :love10: Tough combo to find in the Einheits colors like that, I do not have one. Way to go B.

Nothing meagre about that kraetzchen, Brian! That's a nice picture you took of it, but it looked even better in person.

David

spikeymikey said:
Yeah, stop moaning you miserable bastard. Nice haul, very nice in fact. :sunny:
Brian complained about buying the Mutze from the moment he got it, I saw it first, but did not even ask how much, and then I found out that they were giving it away with a box of frosted flakes, personaly, I think it is very nice, I told him that it looked so good it must be a fake, and he gave me a mean look.
Gus

Just who was twisting his arm to buy it? Those cockades dont grow on trees either.
I'll get back to your PM Gus - thanks for the apparel!

Ahhh it is nice to have friends to buck one up! There was also an M15 Prussian plate plus an M15 spike top which I tracked down for future use. I did do well and I like the mutze very much. Condition wise it was best of show in my humble opinion. There is not a mark or nip on the outside and just what you see in the pics of the interior. As we all saw, there were other more exotic mutzen there but they had lots of moth tracks.
Re meagre: I was bemoaning my lack of a spiked hat bring back but I had a fantastic time and finally got to meet many of you in person. I am pouring over the 2 volumes as well and have learned a great deal already from the books. Thanks for the compliment T! You are the guy with the best collection in Canada that I know so frankly it is good to have the odd piece that is not to be found in festung Schnurr. Gus, you did get that nice Prussian M15 with the lovely markings though remember? James I usually like to help Chas spend his money but it was great to have you egging me on. Thanks also to Dave Mosher for showing me the Dragoon straps. Randy T also simply gave me the JR 42 strap. Yea, I did damn good at the show and had a great time!! Brian

That's a nice haul. I came home from SOS with an Osprey uniform book and a headache! Ouch! :x

Seriously, some great stuff!

Thanks Pete, I know the Osprey book routine as the last time I went on an antique store treasure hunt that is all that I ended up with . This Osprey was on WW1 Arty. It was great to meet you at the SOS and my aplogies for not mentioning you earlier. This net business is great but there is nothing like being able to put a face and voice to a familiar name. Regards, Brian

Back