My new MG08

Very, very nice Peter, congratulations! =D> :bravo:

Is that the one that "Plunderer Pete" had on his table?

Best Regards,

Alan

Never been up close to one of those! Congratulations Pete and thanks for the "bucket experience" at this years SOS. :thumb up:

ww1czechlegion said:
LOL, sorry Peter, I didn't realize those were your tables!

Again, congratulations on acquiring this very nice MG08. It looks super!

No worries. I guess my efforts to build the brand apart from being me has been successful!

The gun is deactivated so no plans to shoot it. I will take some more photos this weekend. It has been a whirlwind since SOS. The week went by far too fast as I'm sure James, Gus, Brian, Amy and others can attest. I arrived home on Saturday, moved the MG08 to my collectible room and barely have had a minute to enjoy it.

I've been back in the salt mines working nonstop (gotta pay for this stuff some how). But come Saturday I plan to really rest and spend time with my new purchase.

I didn't think it was right to have an MG08 and NOT have an MG08/15 to go with it. This just arrived on Friday (thank you to Gus for the help in finding it).

My collectible room is filled so I figured it would be good to just display it in the garden for now.
MG0815.jpg

J.LeBrasseur said:
Congrats Peter, Your Man Cave keeps growing!

I wish the display "bunker" kept growing. It is getting more crowded! When I'm asked what I need for the collection in 2020... my answer "more space!"

Peter_Suciu said:
MG1918 said:
Great item but it has an MG08 booster assembly?

That is what it has. I'll seek out a more correct replacement, but I'm sure this would be an impossibility.

There are a lot of reproductions of the 08/15 booster, the reproductions have an angular edge on the front of the shroud, while the originals are rounded, although I did see a photo of a recent reproduction that was exact.

Back