My SOS finds

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Another great show, had a blast with all my friends and made some new ones to boot.

I felt I had a great show of buying and found one I never dreamed of in a 1842 Reserve officer helm.

I just got home and go off travelling for work tomorrow, so will do better pictures when I get back.

And yes, I got my bottle of Kaiser beer from Joe!!

James

sos2010finds001.jpg

sos2010finds002.jpg

sos2010finds003.jpg

sos2010finds004.jpg

James congrats on some excellent finds especially that M42...wow!! You will have to do a seperate post on that puppy. I will take that kugel ball too! All the best, Brian

We have discussed James new helmet and have decieded that it is so good that it must be a fake.
To be honest, James brought the M42 back to the table very early, and we all knew that tere would not be anything that could touch it, it has to be the buy of the show, I do not thinkk James's crappy photos do the helmet justice, it is grand.
Gus

"Reserve hat ruh!" - congratulations on that find! The SOS must be quite an event from what I read in the Auction/Show News section although I did not find out what exactly it is. Some sort of militaria sale I suppose or is it more a collectors meeting/trading event? A google search of "SOS" does not really yield the desired results..

Robert,
The Show of Shows, is a collector's club show that features militaria from all over the world and all periods, There are 1,640 tables of stuff for sale at pargin prices through astronomical prices. The best part is the meeting of collectors from around the world, it is a very small world, and most strangers that we see at the show are peopel that we have already met through the mail or internet. There are a few )poor) photos posted inthe auction/show section of the forum.
Best
Gus

Thanks for the info - knowing that SOS stands for Show of Shows made it a lot easier to find their web site! That sounds like a real great event, regrettably a bit remote for me.

Truly beleive it is a an Officer, read somewhere where this model for Reserve is ok without stars, as they changed to stars later? I will try and find where I read this.

More pictures with officer liner and kokarden.

Better pictures when I get home.

James

m1842kok.jpg

m1842001.jpg

m1842002.jpg

m1842003.jpg

m1842004.jpg

m1842005.jpg

Beautiful James, thanks for the extra pics and again congratulations. Love that leather kokarde! I do not know much about the characteristics of this first model. I have only had a close look at one.....Tony's. Perhaps other members can expand on this. Brian

I'll bet your heart beat faster when you saw that M42 and that you guarded it like a mother bear does her cubs until you took a good look and got out the ol' wallet!

Very, very nice indeed. (I imagine also you got a lot of jealous looks from other collectors!!!)

:D Ron

Back