(Near) Mint Shoulder Straps on Ebay

Lars13

Hi,
The past half year I have noticed that there is a steady stream of (near) mint shoulder straps for sale on Ebay US. If there is any wear and tear then that is typically located at an inconspicuous spot.
I have (possibly very naively) always thought that the repro shoulder straps are quite recognisable, but now I'm starting to doubt that. Of course, with a period sowing machine, it should be relatively easy to reproduce the stitching on the shoulder straps.
Have you observed something similar, or is it just an old collection being sold off?
Regards,
Lars

I've been wondering the same thing; I watched a few rare boards sell only to see an almost exact rare board put up for sale a few weeks later.

If they are fake, I would have to give up, so I'm hoping someone is selling off a HUGE very old collection. Some of these boards are super rare and to see one is almost impossible so when you see several all of the sudden experienced collectors get nervous.

Last edited:
Hi,
The past half year I have noticed that there is a steady stream of (near) mint shoulder straps for sale on Ebay US. If there is any wear and tear then that is typically located at an inconspicuous spot.
I have (possibly very naively) always thought that the repro shoulder straps are quite recognisable, but now I'm starting to doubt that. Of course, with a period sowing machine, it should be relatively easy to reproduce the stitching on the shoulder straps.
Have you observed something similar, or is it just an old collection being sold off?
Regards,
Lars
Lars
Can you tell me who the EBay seller is ?
I will see if I know him
I also have a very good friend who is great on enlisted shoulder straps
He will not put an enlisted strap into his collection unless it is wore
He is not on PH.com
but I can email him and see what he says
Also there is Mike Kelso who is a member and can address this question
I don't check U S EBay for straps
I did in the past check German EBay , but it has dried up
If yuo do not want to name the seller ( or sellers ) here
please P M me
Thanks
Steve

I've been wondering the same thing; I watched a few rare boards sell only to see an almost exact rare board put up for sale a few weeks later.

If they are fake, I would have to give up, so I'm hoping someone is selling off a HUGE very old collection. Some of these boards are super rare and to see one is almost impossible so when you see several all of the sudden experienced collectors get nervous.
I am going to check with 2 shoulder strap collector friends
Can you tell me who the EBay seller is ?
I will see if I know him
I also have a very good friend who is great on enlisted shoulder straps
He will not put an enlisted strap into his collection unless it is wore
He is not on PH.com
but I can email him and see what he says
Also there is Mike Kelso who is a member and can address this question
I don't check U S EBay for straps
I did in the past check German EBay , but it has dried up
If you do not want to name the seller ( or sellers ) here
please P M me
Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,
I don't want to name sellers here as I don't know whether the shoulder straps are originals or fakes, and it could be a false accusation.
I sent you a PM.
Regards,
Lars

Hi Steve,
I don't want to name sellers here as I don't know whether the shoulder straps are originals or fakes, and it could be a false accusation.
I sent you a PM.
Regards,
Lars
Lars
I got it and thanks
Steve

I spoke with my 2 strap collector friends .
Both have seen the straps for sale on EBay
One of my friends has met the seller in person
The straps are O K
the seller bought an old collection
and I understand he posts about one strap per day
all have been O K and my friends have bought from him
Steve

Last edited:
Back