Need advice and ideas.

Lazerblade

About 20 years ago, I bought a bunch of autographed Lithographs of Iron Cross and Medal of Honor recipients. I just dug them out because James gave me two 1:18th scale replicas of ME 109’s with the pilots being Adolf Galland and Erich Hartmann. Both of these I have litho’s of with autographs. Remember that I was a pilot so aviation history is important to me. These were two of the highest scoring aces of all time.

So, like I said, I dug the lithographs out of storage and found that I had given the Flying Tiger Medal of Honor (MOH) winner away years ago and also the MOH winner of a South Pacific Marine away also. So, what I have is two copies of Erich Hartmann and Gerhard Barkhorn (Erich is signed) the extra I am giving to my brother James. Erich Hartmann was awarded the Knights Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak leaves, Swords, and Diamonds, and Gerhard Barkhorn was the recipient of the Knights Cross with Oak leaves and Swords.

The second Autographed Litho is of Adolf Galland who was also a recipient of the Knights Cross of the Iron Cross with Oakleaves, Swords, and Diamonds.

I also for some reason have Autographed Lithographs of a Oberst Johannes Steinhoff who won the Knights Cross of the Iron Cross with Oakleaves and Swords. He may be a Panzer Driver, not sure.

The last one I have is an autographed Lithograph of Korvettenkapitan Reinhard Hardegen, Captain of U 123. He was awarded the Knights Cross of the Iron Cross with Oakleave.

I know that we are all Imperial Collectors but I can appreciate what these patriots did for the countries that they loved. I would like to frame both Adolf Galland and Erich Hartmanns Lithos with copies of the awards placed inside with the two 1:18 copies of their airplanes hanging in front of them in my new War Room I am making.

I would like your opinions on this and recommendations also of course. Also, I would like to find a place that makes very nice replicas of the awards that Galland and Hartmann and maybe Barkhorn (since he is in the litho with Hartmann) were awarded.

The War room is a new idea because I have run out of space and patience from the one I live with on all this stuff. I think it will be great including Imperial Germany, Samurai Japan, and a few WWII items like I mentioned above.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Flame on!

Paul

I also bought the entire series of these autographed lithos years ago from a place called "House of Swords". I gave them away over the years as birthday and Christmas presents. I kept only one with Hartmann and Gerhard Barkhorn. I framed it with cloth Luftwaffe insignia and it hangs in my "war room". They actually would have been an excellent investment since they now sell for 10 times what I paid for them. If wishes were horses... Corky

Hi Paul,

If you want some advice on the framing part I could help you. Framing is my hobby for some years now and I use the manual french framing method. So if you could email some pics I could possibly help.

Mario

Back