Need to borrow a period photo of Sachsen officer's Tschako

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
Does anyone have a period photo of a Sachsen (Saxon) officer's Tschako that I could use? I am adding a new section to my "On-Line Guide to Pickelhauben" http://www.kaisersbunker.com/pt/ for Sachsen Tschako as they are in a catagory by themselves, but I cannot find a period photo of the officer's Tschako being worn. As always, I fully credit photograph usage. Anyone?

Shameless bump up of an old posting. Mike, (Liongules) you collect Royalty and high-rankers photos, do you have any of Sachsen Jäger or Schützen officers wearing their Sachsen officer pattern Tschakos? I know you had one of Oberst von Carlowitz holding his, but sadly you cannot see the side embroidery on the Tschako, which is what I am looking for. T

T I'm still a zero but I found several CDV items from the Kostel Collection..
A colorized one
CDV-0000229.jpg

An OYV

CDV-0000232.jpg

CDV-0000232_1.jpg

A Portapee
CDV-0000231.jpg

CDV-0000231_1.jpg

Tony & Kaiser said:
Mike, (Liongules) you collect Royalty and high-rankers photos, do you have any of Sachsen Jäger or Schützen officers wearing their Sachsen officer pattern Tschakos? I know you had one of Oberst von Carlowitz holding his, but sadly you cannot see the side embroidery on the Tschako, which is what I am looking for. T

Tony,

Sorry, I only have one officer actually wearing a Tschako on his head and he's Prussian.

Glenn. Thank you. You always pull through. I will e-mail Rick and ask him if I can use that. I can't do it through the GMIC forum as I was asked to leave by the humourless owner who calls himself "The Chairman"
for (and I quote) "scandalous actions, in derogation of God’s honour". :faroah:

Offending God again T ???? You are a bad boy!! The title "The Chairman" certainly does have a ring to it though. Brian

What would an Ausrtrian Shako simular in shape , all black laether same style horse hair plume and a lether pair of bands with austrian knors off the rear be? I noticed one at the lasr show .
Mark
Oh Tony Hatless dance for you when you meet St Peter.

Back