Need your help!

Zyktras

Could someone help me? I've got this helmet, but I know nothing about it.
The previous owner said to me that it's a german helmet from WWI? Is this true? Any infromation is welcome!

Thanks in advance :D

foto2530696.jpg

foto2530696_2.jpg

foto2530696_3.jpg

foto2530696_4.jpg

foto2530696_5.jpg

Hello Zyktras,
Welcome to the forum, Your helmet is a Model 1915 Prussian (German) helmet, most likely infantry. There is an interestion loss of finish oh the left side of the helmet, I have not seen this before, Brian could probably give advice on how to fix that. Joe is going start compalining that you did not post a photo of the inside of the helmet, what markings does it have on the back peak (visor)? does it has a readable maker's mark? Nice helmet, welcome to the forum.
Gus

Joe is going start compalining that you did not post a photo of the inside of the helmet, what markings does it have on the back peak (visor)?

Am I THAT predictable? So let's see the marks please. Is that eagle silver or grey? Magnetic?

Oops, I forgot Magnetic, sure looks shiney, but I think that is from some one s=polishing it, I would bet it is steel.
Gsu
PS Joe, yes you are that predictable he he

A nice Prussian M1915 with lots of shellac finish missing. Repairable, but lots of work and patience. Brian

b.loree said:
A nice Prussian M1915 with lots of shellac finish missing. Repairable, but lots of work and patience. Brian
Brian, is this what happens when a helmet gets to moist from humid air?
Gus

Back