Neusilber Crown

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
I would like some help in identifying this neusilber crown which probably come from a cartouche box?? Obviously it has a screw post and the old bell shaped nut.
4910B3B5-1258-4497-AE98-DEF9EE0FA032_1_201_a.jpeg
DEFF87F0-A773-4BF3-88E3-433CB30E4B3C_1_201_a.jpeg
AED25686-F211-4E0E-9168-6EBD7F55865E_1_201_a.jpeg

Hi Brian,

My guess would match yours, that it is a device for a cartouche box.

I'm surprised they would place only one screw post on it, instead of either two vertical screw posts, or two horizontal screw posts in order to secure it more firmly to a lid of a cartouche box, and prevent it from turning/pivoting.

Maybe it was for the Baden L G R 109 as Steve mentions, or possibly for the Hessen 115th, or one of their 2 Dragoon Regiments. I'll have to look in my Verlag books to see if I can find a cartouche box photo with this crown device on it.

Hi Brian,

My guess would match yours, that it is a device for a cartouche box.

I'm surprised they would place only one screw post on it, instead of either two vertical screw posts, or two horizontal screw posts in order to secure it more firmly to a lid of a cartouche box, and prevent it from turning/pivoting.

Maybe it was for the Baden L G R 109 as Steve mentions, or possibly for the Hessen 115th, or one of their 2 Dragoon Regiments. I'll have to look in my Verlag books to see if I can find a cartouche box photo with this crown device on it.
From the photos we can see that at the origin were two screw pins but the upper one was lost.

From the photos we can see that at the origin were two screw pins but the upper one was lost.

Ah, yes, that's what's in that spot on the reverse side of the small orb on top of the large crown, the evidence of a 2nd screw post that is now missing. Good eyes, Zebedeus, thanks for pointing this out.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Back