New Book: A Gallery of Military Headdress

Peter_Suciu

I'm excited to announce that my new book: "A Gallery of Military Headdress" is now available! This 140 page book features more than two dozen articles on military hats, helmets and other headgear from around the world. This publication also includes more than 200 color photographs as well as period prints and illustrations.

Info on the book:
A Gallery of Military Headdress includes original articles from noted authors Peter Suciu, Stuart Bates, Benny Bough, Clive Law, and Pedro Soares Branco. Topics include the development of the French Adrian helmet, the history of Communist Bloc helmets, British Bearskin caps, the British Home Service Helmet, Scottish headdress, the origin and evolution of spiked helmets, military conical hats and much more.

The book is available this week for the pre-order price of $20.00 US.

Email [email protected] to order a copy.

Gallery-of-Headdress-Cover.jpg

I will get one.
At SOS last week I saw a gentleman in a distance wearing a badge "Suciu". I approached him and said "Hi Peter!". He answered "I am the father...".
Unfortunately I could not meet the son...

911car said:
I will get one.
At SOS last week I saw a gentleman in a distance wearing a badge "Suciu". I approached him and said "Hi Peter!". He answered "I am the father...".
Unfortunately I could not meet the son...

My apologies! I'm never at the table... which is why I bring my wife and my father. I'm too busy shopping. Sorry I missed you.

Congrats Pete! Hopefully the Canadian Peso will increase in value so I can buy a copy next year.
IMG_0216-L.jpg

Peter and his newly published book at the SOS 2019.

b.loree said:
Now that is cool, the forum mentioned in a published work! Thanks Pete. :thumb up:

Credit where credit is due. Too many authors of helmet books make it seem like they were born with this knowledge. If it weren't for forums such as this one books like mine wouldn't be possible.

I have gotten the book and have almost read from cover to cover .
A great read and pictures.

When I got it , I said to myself the front cover looks in the vein of AGM then I saw the connection.

I thought it was a great read and glad I got it !!!

The only thing that is a semi negative for me is the American Pickelhaube chapter.

I wish it was a little more in depth .

Maybe there is no info out there , I do not know .

Maybe a future project for you to do ?

If so I will be first in line !!!!

pickelhauben said:
The only thing that is a semi negative for me is the American Pickelhaube chapter.

I wish it was a little more in depth .

Maybe there is no info out there , I do not know .

Maybe a future project for you to do ?

If so I will be first in line !!!!

I will admit the American Pickelhaube chapter was a bit shorter than I would have liked as well, but this was for two reasons. One, there simply is so little information on the Prussian/German inspired helmets. While I wish I could have done more I went with what is know rather than speculating. The second reason is that Gordon Chappell, as well as Don Moore and Mark Kassal have written detailed/excellent books on the American horsehair plume/spiked helmets. So in the end we opted to give an overview.

Hopefully in the future it is a topic I can return to, but until more information comes to light some of this is going to remain a mystery!

Peter_Suciu said:
//Too many authors of helmet books make it seem like they were born with this knowledge. If it weren't for forums such as this one books like mine wouldn't be possible.//

Nicely said Peter :bravo:

Back