New hat - help please.

Lurch Adams

Hello,

Here's a new acquisition. Don't really know what it is. The lower cap device displays some German writing and a date 1813. The upper device is missing. Interestingly, there doesn't appear to be any discoloration under the metal device(s).

Can anyone please help?

Thank you,

Lurch

dsc00487gi9.jpg

Hey Lurch:
The kokarde is the typical one for Prussian Reserve officer or NCO. I do not know much about visor caps perhaps it is Jaeger due to the green colour?? Anyway, Tony, Dave or one of our other experts will nail it down for you. Looks to be in excellent shape and a very nice addition to your collection. Brian

Perhaps I missed it, but using the fabulous new cap reference page at Kaiser's Bunker http://www.kaisersbunker.com/ht/index.htm I don't see anything with that same color combination.

Hi,

Tony's addition is absolutely fantastic! I perused it today.

Kinda thinking that perhaps this hat belonged to Hindenburg's personal driver or elevator operator????

Oh well.

Lurch

Chris, You may be not far off. There are TONS of these type caps out there, usually with only two rows of piping (Army has at least three rows of piping if different from the band except for a very rare exception like Ulanen Regt 12 and 16). On the bright side, now before you buy a cap, you can check to see if it is in fact Army before you buy?

Hi Tony,

Yes, I will be most careful and check everything first. You have a great site and I am certainly very grateful for the opportunity to view and learn.

Best,

Christopher

Back