Newly Available Reference Books

The Austrian firm, Verlag Militaria, has recently released a new title in their exellent series of reference books on the Imperial German Army.

The latest book, The German Infantry from 1871 to 1914 Uniforms and Equipment by Ulrich Herr and Jens Nguyen, is a two volume set providing in-depth coverage of German Infantry uniforms and related equipment. The sections on helmets are very detailed and comprehensive.

In my opinion these books are "must haves" for anyone interested in German uniforms and spike helmets. The books are available in English or German language versions. The following link to the publisher provides additional information and ordering instructions for those interested.

www.militaria.at

Reservist1

I got mine yesterday. Wonderful books! The Two-volumes are continuous with about 1000 color printed pages. Each volume is large, but not as unwieldy as some of the others offered by this publisher. It is well footnoted and is the normal high standard of pictures and research for this publisher. I think the foreword was written by Krauss’ boss. Obviously I have not gone through all of this, but I am quite impressed. I devoured the first chapter, found something I disagreed with and was able to lookup the citation without problem and see where they got their point of view! Really well done. This is definitely worth spending your money on. Came in about two weeks. It's heavy so you pay for postage.

Well mine finally came, I cannot say enough after one pas through, I am amazed, great pictures, with a lot of text! Very heavy 2 vol set in a nice box.

James

Total with postage and foreign transaction fees from the USA was $224. I think SOS will be cheaper.

I got volume one of these for my birthday last week. My first impression is that they are great books. The period photo's are really good and of course the colour photography is excellent.

Got to wait for christmas for volume two........ :santa: :confused1:

Nope, that was March and much as she like these thing's she doesn't want a book on them.........so it's the waiting game, I'm afriad. Unless i think of something.. :idea1:

spikeymikey said:
Nope, that was March and much as she like these thing's she doesn't want a book on them.........so it's the waiting game, I'm afriad. Unless i think of something.. :idea1:
Too Bad for you Mikey, volume two is really the best, :)
Gsu

Back