Not The Usual People You Would Expect To Find Wearing A Pickelhaube

Nickc

Image1999.jpg

Just in today with 700 other photographs and postcards. These ladies are interesting I think they were some sort of patriotic theatre/musical act. I sold a postcard of them last year where they were all on a stage in Prussian Dress Uniforms with the pickelhaubes. Never had the time to investigate them but they are popular with collectors, as are the Fraulein Feldgrau series.
Does anyone else have any information on these women?

Nick do you mean why are they wearing those? Germans I have known and met (lived in Deutschland for three wonderful years) have a very sharp sense of humor. I believe that these cards are basically done as joke cards where the wives of the soldiers or in this case Polizei, would all dress up in their husbands uniforms and have a photo taken.

I agree with Tony. Also if princesses wore uniformes, it wasn't common for the rest of the women. Only a few years ago, women weren’t able to pursue another career than that of a medical supply company in the „Bundeswehr“. Further more the uniformes of these Ladies looks a few sizes too big.

Back in Oct . over 700 postcards and photos just in ; are you a dealer ? If so what is your site ?
Do you have any photos of Fahnentrager with their Regt flags ? I collect these . Example G R 7
Steve
G R 7  flags.jpeg

Back in Oct . over 700 postcards and photos just in ; are you a dealer ? If so what is your site ?
Do you have any photos of Fahnentrager with their Regt flags ? I collect these . Example G R 7
Steve
View attachment 17918
I will be a full time militaria dealer in time, at the moment turning a hobby and major interest into a business. Daytime I am IT Director of a mid sized UK company, incredibly useful knowledge when setting up an Internet business. Been testing the water for the last year, and have sold a hell of a lot of postcards, some Iron Crosses (not very good at selling these once I have bought them!!) shoulder boards, porcelain, trench art etc. Its almost turning enough to earn a decent living so eBay shop in the new year and possibly my own web site though the running, maintenace costs of an Oracle DB backed web site are not that cheap.
You can find me on eBay UK 3006lapua (3006 is my favourite rifle calibe 30-06 and Lapua make the best cartridge cases, incase you wonder).

I have had 1000 or so cards since the 700, I will have a look for older cards, at the moment with Christmas coming everyone wants cards with Pickelhaubes, GW98, Jackboots and full field gear, or soldiers in the field with unusual pets, any pets, soldiers on horses and any form of war time Happy Christmas.

Doing a what have I bought with my younger daughter soon where we going to sort through all the cards in pre WW1, WW1 and Weimar, so get back to you.

One of my regular customers is looking for a WW1 Gas Mask for a horse! Any ideas?

She gives hope for the future, just turned 40 and has a massive collection of anything to do with animals in WW1 or WW2, so much enthuiasm and knowledge.

Back