Officers M1915 Bluse

flasheart

Gents,

New acquisition. This is a M1915 Bluse for a Leutnant. I am not sure if the facing cloth has been cut along the top edge of the collar, leaving the outside of the collar in feldgrau rather than resedagrun. Inside the collar is lined in the facing cloth - maybe it used to cover the outside as well, although the outside of the collar looks right. This fellow had an unusual body shape, short and thick set. All seems in good condition, came with a Prussian schirmutze and Prussian feldbinde.

Mike

PS, The Bavarian medal set is for decoration only!

P6271159-1.jpg

P6271161.jpg

P6271158.jpg

P6271167.jpg

P6271166.jpg

P6271163.jpg

Hi Mike:

I don't have the expertise to comment on possible alterations to the Bluse, but the medal bar is Bavarian other ranks and was mounted in the 1930s. The Militär-Verdienst-Kreuz 3. Klaße (the cross to the far right) actually belongs with the ribbon to the left of the Iron Cross. If the Spange construction is hook and ring, this can be easily remedied.

The other bronze cross looks like a Prussian Dienstauszeichnung, and, if so, would be mounted on a plain blue ribbon. Would it be possible to see a close-up of the cross? What should hang from that final ribbon is a Bavarian Dienstauszeichnung, which, regardless of class, looks nothing like the Prussian version.

All this means is the Spange is a nice stand alone bonus with an incorrect medal. However, it doesn't belong with the Bluse.

Whoops! I hadn't read your postscript. Pardon the redundancy.

Chas.

Back