Oldenburg Artillery visor cap

Oldenburg

Dear community,

I would now like to present another headgear from my „Oldenburg Collection“.
This is a visor cap worn by a reserve officer of the Oldenburg Artillery. The shape of the visor cap and the wide design of the piping suggest that the cap
dates back to the 1870s/1880s of the 19th century.

After the military convention with Prussia on July 15, 1867, the „Großherzoglich Oldenburgische Artilleriekorps“ was also incorporated into the Prussian Army with effect from October 1, 1867.
The Oldenburg Artillery was absorbed as the „zweite 6- und zweite 4-Pfünder-Batterie on the 1. Fußabteilung“ of the „Hannoversches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr.10“!

Resulting from the reorganisation of the artillery (the previous „fortress artillery“ was separated from the „field artillery“), the Oldenburg batteries finally went into the „1st department, 2nd and 4th batteries of the 2nd Hannoverian Field Artillery Regiment in 1874 No. 26 above, so I assume that the cap was worn from this period up to the 80s!

The attachment of the „Oldenburg cockade“ for an officer is striking and interesting. This is not the rule at this time. It was not until 1897, with the introduction of the imperial cockade, that the state cockade was worn next to it on the trim strip (Besatzstreifen).

The autor assumes that the artillery officer who went over to the reserve, was a native of Oldenburg and now, in reserve status, put on the oldenburg cockade of his own accord, but provided it with the (Landwehr) cross as per regulations!

I hope, that with this contribution I was able to give an interesting aspect to the community besides the regulation,

best regards
Frank

Dear community,

I would now like to present another headgear from my „Oldenburg Collection“.
This is a visor cap worn by a reserve officer of the Oldenburg Artillery. The shape of the visor cap and the wide design of the piping suggest that the cap
dates back to the 1870s/1880s of the 19th century.

After the military convention with Prussia on July 15, 1867, the „Großherzoglich Oldenburgische Artilleriekorps“ was also incorporated into the Prussian Army with effect from October 1, 1867.
The Oldenburg Artillery was absorbed as the „zweite 6- und zweite 4-Pfünder-Batterie on the 1. Fußabteilung“ of the „Hannoversches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr.10“!

Resulting from the reorganisation of the artillery (the previous „fortress artillery“ was separated from the „field artillery“), the Oldenburg batteries finally went into the „1st department, 2nd and 4th batteries of the 2nd Hannoverian Field Artillery Regiment in 1874 No. 26 above, so I assume that the cap was worn from this period up to the 80s!

The attachment of the „Oldenburg cockade“ for an officer is striking and interesting. This is not the rule at this time. It was not until 1897, with the introduction of the imperial cockade, that the state cockade was worn next to it on the trim strip (Besatzstreifen).

The autor assumes that the artillery officer who went over to the reserve, was a native of Oldenburg and now, in reserve status, put on the oldenburg cockade of his own accord, but provided it with the (Landwehr) cross as per regulations!

I hope, that with this contribution I was able to give an interesting aspect to the community besides the regulation,

best regards
Frank
An I R 91 dress hat that I have .
A hat collector saw it
and he knows a lot more about hats than I do
He said it was from a very know hat manufacturer
and was made for the officer after WWI
and this Co. went on to make hats for the 3rd Reich
It has some moth damage on the top
otherwise my collector friend would have bought it
everything that he collects has to be "mint " condition
SteveI R 91 hat.JPGI R 91 hat inside.JPG