Oldenburg Helm M/1855

Hello,
Here I am able to show you my 0ldenburg. 0DR19 0JR91 RJR78 FAR62.GIF
0JR91 - 0DR19 - RJR74 IB - RJR79 IIB et IIIB - FAR62 II et IIIB -

0DR19 Pause Max BIBI.JPG
0DR19 In the name of 0ffizierstellvertreter Max Pause: Hybrid helmet: identical to an officer's helmet but without the stars, and with the star of the 0ldenburg coat of arms in a "troop" version.

Last edited:
Wow, I love it😍
Would you show us the inside of the two FAR 62s
Best regards
Frank

I'd be delighted to.
Both are "Ersatz" mobilisations. Both show the recycling of the circumstances at the start of the war.

---The 2nd Battery is marked with white paint and dated 1914. No other markings, and it should be noted that it never had a Teller.
0FAR62 2B 14-.JPG
---The 3rd Battery is branded under the helmet cap: FAR62 3B. There is GA (garrison use) and F (field use). An anomaly for an F.A.R. is the ventilation flap on the rear spine. The answer is at the bottom of the hull. Recycling of the F.A. (Fuss-Artillery) 16. There are several explanations: a helmet taken from the Metz stock, as the town was not under threat, to be sent to the front, to an F.A.R. that was having supply problems. A helmet picked up on the battlefield to be returned to another A.K.'s B.I.A. and re-equip a new regiment etc...
0FAR62 3 B-.JPG0FAR62 3B F-.JPG0FAR62 3Bex AF16 Metz-.JPG

I think the Ga refers to the garrison of the AF16 and the F to the campaign of the FAR62.

Hello,
I had forgotten my 0JR91 M67. I'll make up for it here: 0JR 91  M67 Troupe.JPG0JR 91 M 67 cocarde troupe.JPG

no rear spine on M67s (with a few exceptions, such as Hessians)
0JR 91 M67  ss jonc arrière.JPG0JR 91 M67 0JR91 IB  Z2.JPG

0JR 91 M67OJR91 linguetsverticaux.JPG0JR 91 M67 Bibi.JPG

The M67 modification to the eagle and the removal of the rear spine was not a success. The neck covers came off and were lost, and the eagles came off and fell off. What's more, they were difficult to engage and didn't sit well against the hull. So, as soon as the 1870 war was over, we went back to nuts and bolts and restored the rear spine. Unmodified M71 "troop" helmets are very rare; they are only helmets taken from the battlefield. This is the case with this one, found at Saint-Privat-Gravelotte.

=0JR 91 Historique.JPG

Last edited:
Hello,
I had forgotten my 0JR91 M67. I'll make up for it here: View attachment 41873View attachment 41874

no rear spine on M67s (with a few exceptions, such as Hessians)
View attachment 41875View attachment 41876

View attachment 41877View attachment 41879

The M67 modification to the eagle and the removal of the rear spine was not a success. The neck covers came off and were lost, and the eagles came off and fell off. What's more, they were difficult to engage and didn't sit well against the hull. So, as soon as the 1870 war was over, we went back to nuts and bolts and restored the rear spine. Unmodified M71 "troop" helmets are very rare; they are only helmets taken from the battlefield. This is the case with this one, found at Saint-Privat-Gravelotte.

View attachment 41880
Thierry,
What I would give for this wonderful helmet with which the OJR 91 took part in the 1870 campain!!!!!!
Thierry, have mercy and sell it to me…..
Best regards
Frank

Thierry,
What I would give for this wonderful helmet with which the OJR 91 took part in the 1870 campain!!!!!!Thierry, aie pitié et vends-le-moi…..Cordialement
Frank
Hello Franck,
Thank you for your congratulations. It's the helmet that's particularly close to my heart, because after the battle of St-Privat, Grand Duke Peter II requisitioned the village farm for himself, and the house of the mayor at the time (which I currently live in) for his staff and officers.
But I'll take you up on your friendly offer, in case I change my mind one day.

Back