Older collection

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
I am posting these for a fellow forum member Muth25, he can jump in with his information!

James

muth1.jpg

muth2.jpg

muth2.jpg

muth4.jpg

muth5.jpg

Eric- nice of you to notice this helmet, Michael was kind enough to sell it to me, and it just showed up today! I will post pictures of it later. Michael has some great stuff here he wanted to share with us, his focus is on Napoleonic era.

James

Michael,

Do you have any more photos of that Baden Landwehr Tschako?

Pleeeeease? [-o< I have been trying to find one of these for 15 years. its nice to know someone at least has one!

Sorry to take so long in response, I could possible take some more pics maybe this weekend when I have time as I have a 3 day break. In the meantime I can answer any questions for anyone on the Brownbess or the Baker or the shako. I did not do the collection justice as I am inept with a camera everything looks much more impressive in person. The Bess does have the Board ordanance marks, as well as EIC and GR marks.

What you are looking at goes as followes Left to Right:

Model 1828 East India company, tunic for an Ensign in the 54th Bengal Infantry

a spanish lancer haube in the taste of the 1889 kurassier helm

1869 Baden Landwher shako

model 1810 Gorget of the Saxon Grenadier guard

model 1813 shako for the Berlin frie-jagers

model 1809 saxon kurass for the lieb-kurassiers

Slims helmet,
pre 1810 model hussar tunic most likely from a Scottish regiment,

a model 1810 standard for the 13th light dragoons

1788 East India Company Brownbess

Model 1805 Baker Rifle attributed to teh 60th regiment with sword bayonet

1796 pattern light infantry officers sword to the same regiment

I am wanting to post the rest when I hve time but if anyone would like more pictures or info please feel free to ask.

Buetiful collection , and finnaly get to see them. The baker and the 1810 Shako would be my pics of interest.
Thank's
mark :D

I will try to get more pics asap, I am at school so it is hard for me to get back and forth and have enough time to visit the family and take pics. If you gentlemen make a list up I will take the pictures and email them to the appropriate parties.

Michael,

With an India Pattern Bess, a Baker Rifle, and all those tunics and helmets, I think that either:

a. your student allowances are way too high
b. you get too much pocket money from Mum and Dad
c. you are an old student

Your collection is also losing focus and I think you need to discipline yourself to only collect German items. To help you achieve this, I am willing to sacrifice the purity of my own collection and take the P1805 Baker and India Pattern Bess off your hands. You will appreciate this in the long term. Trust me.

Seriously, how long have you been collecting? This is great stuff, particularly the old uniforms, so very rare.

Mike

Since the 60th was comprised of KGl , but set up as Regiment of former loaylist's it should come back here to Canada.
Mark

I have been collecting for a very long time. I found two Iron crosses and an Austrian trench lighter as well as various weapons from the 1800's that belonged to my family and sense finding that I was hooked. I was very lucky to have a high paying job working very long days and my collection stems from that. I sadly do not get an allowance but I will tell my parents that you all think I should. The brown bess is marked 1788 and stamped GR above which is the crown but has the 1809 pattern lock, the plate is very worn and sense the British govt didnt adopt the India pattern until later I suppose this saw service in the West Indies or India. The Baker is the 1805 pattern and the bore and grooves are almost non existent, and with the field modifications applied to it that the govt allowed the 60th apply to their rifles are present. As the 60th received its training, inspiration, and even some of its personal from the Hessen Jagers, a few being my ancestors, I think the rifle feels more at home at my homestead then in the Wintery North, although I can always keep my eye out for one looking to make residence in Canada.

sadly do not get an allowance but I will tell my parents that you all think I should.

In June, I go down to only one left in college. No matter how much they give you you can't be as expensive as my daughter. Can you?

I just like the 60th baker . There are a few examples over here.
Mark
P.S. But PAPA Joe you and uncle hus promised schoolin next year. :eek:

Ha, No there is no way. I am the cheapest sod alive. I will guiltily admit that they due pay for books and all the other parental duties (I am truly blessed) Sadly for me that all ends for me this June the big bad scary world is approaching fast, I hope I do not have to say goodbye to the collection!

Back