OTTO DIX

woznotwos

"All art is exorcism. I paint dreams and visions too; the dreams and visions of my time. Painting is the effort to produce order; order in yourself. There is much chaos in me, much chaos in our time."

Anyone else admire Otto Dix ? I love his paintings. They are literally hanging all over my house. Thought i'd share a few with you guys for your perusal.

View attachment 1 This being my favourite , the picture to the right of the painting supposedly is Otto . This hangs in my war room , I don't think the wife would allow it anywhere else due to its macabre nature.

View attachment 1

This picture portrays post war Germany and the indifference shown to returning troops.

I really admire his apocalyptic style of painting, but unfortunately I do not own any of his works.
I only have 2 books about his works, and they are full of everything he painted.
Also his works after WW1 are shown in it.

I am interested in most of the paintings of artists in WW1, have some books about Kathe Kollwitz, whose son Peter was killed in action early in the war.
The statues, the mourning parents are still to be seen at Vladslo German military cemetary...
Her paintings and other works are very strong emotionally, like Otto Dix's works. But in an other way.

Greetings, Coert

Thanks for the tip on Kathe , never looked at her before Coert but very interesting . Her own personal demons definitely show through her work

Back