Parade Attila worn by Carl Edward on his wedding day .The rank of General as Chef of H R 9

Wonderful piece of history Steve, I can't help feeling sorry for this poor man, succeeding to the title at the age of only 16 he was pretty much doomed by his birth to follow a path he would not have chosen for himself at that young age.

View attachment 33272
Yes , from what I have read the people of England no longer trusted him
and the German people were not sure of him either .
During my trip to Rastatt back in 2003
my friend in Belgium knew the head people at Rastatt
He told me to ask them to let me see their surplus items that were stored in another building
They drove my wife and over and opened the rooms for me to look
on one of the hanging racks I saw the outer jacket of Carl Edward that is wearing in that photo
I was able to take photos and I have that photo somewhere
Nice photo of him
thanks for posting
I also have a pair of his shoulder straps
Steve

Yes , from what I have read the people of England no longer trusted him
and the German people were not sure of him either .
During my trip to Rastatt back in 2003
my friend in Belgium knew the head people at Rastatt
He told me to ask them to let me see their surplus items that were stored in another building
They drove my wife and over and opened the rooms for me to look
on one of the hanging racks I saw the outer jacket of Carl Edward that is wearing in that photo
I was able to take photos and I have that photo somewhere
Nice photo of him
thanks for posting
I also have a pair of his shoulder straps
Steve
Here are his shoulder straps that I have
also an original signed photo from 1923
SteveI R 95 Gen d Inf  Carl Edward.JPGCarl Edward 1923.jpeg

Marvellous straps Steve, if only your attilla and the Rastatt pelisse could be reunited, in your collection, of course! That photograph you posted reminds me that he attended the funeral of George V ( January 1936) wearing the only clothes he had with him : Stahlhelm, greatcoat and trench boots. He cut a pathetic figure marching in the cortege. By this time he had lost his German titles, his British titles and a great deal of his personal wealth, and the family would have nothing to do with him. A tragic life that was about to get worse through WW2 and end in his lonely death in 1954 in a small apartment. Here is the first picture taken of him on his arrival in Germany, note the black armband on the Hussar uniform in token of the demise of the previous Duke. Who would then have thought that this promising young man, a grandson of Queen Victoria, was fated to be so universally disliked for the rest of his life.

Charles-Edward.jpg

Marvellous straps Steve, if only your attilla and the Rastatt pelisse could be reunited, in your collection, of course! That photograph you posted reminds me that he attended the funeral of George V ( January 1936) wearing the only clothes he had with him : Stahlhelm, greatcoat and trench boots. He cut a pathetic figure marching in the cortege. By this time he had lost his German titles, his British titles and a great deal of his personal wealth, and the family would have nothing to do with him. A tragic life that was about to get worse through WW2 and end in his lonely death in 1954 in a small apartment. Here is the first picture taken of him on his arrival in Germany, note the black armband on the Hussar uniform in token of the demise of the previous Duke. Who would then have thought that this promising young man, a grandson of Queen Victoria, was fated to be so universally disliked for the rest of his life.

View attachment 33408
Great info but a very sad story .You should see how he looked
on his wedding day .That photo is framed and under glass
signed by C E and his wife. The photo came from the estate
of an I G GFM .I will do my best to get some sort of a shot of it
on my wall. Steve

Great info but a very sad story .You should see how he looked
on his wedding day .That photo is framed and under glass
signed by C E and his wife. The photo came from the estate
of an I G GFM .I will do my best to get some sort of a shot of it
on my wall. Steve
Here is the best that I could do