Parade plume article

joerookery

I e-mailed out the Parade plume article. If you are interested, and I missed you somehow I will gladly send you a copy. As I am changing servers, I'm not going to go through the hassle of uploading it on the old site. I will have a new domain soon ... well soon is relative. The Miss Teen Texas pageant is coming up, and we are getting kind of busy around here. I'm not that busy. My job is just to pay for everything. It's a good thing I have a house with a money tree outback. I think I'll just go out back grab me a handful and be OK.

Read it last night, quite handy. Good work Joe, that fills a gap in easily disseminated knowledge. Hopefully you will get this server business sorted out soon.

Thanks Tony, I just added a page on issue plumes. I put the excerpts from the regulations in there. I don't know why I didn't do that the first time. I'm just getting old.

If someone needs a new copy, and I did not send it to him let me know.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for another great contribution to the knowledge base.

I have what I am guessing is a trichter for a shako. Would you like a photo for your extended article?

Cheers,

Laurie

Here are three Joe you can use if you wish; issued Jäger, Ulanen, und Husaren.

dbh16p.jpg

dbh32p.jpg

dbh42p.jpg

Here's my small contribution, Joe.

Am I right that this is a private purchase trichter for a jaeger or machinegewehr shako?

Does its ribbing indicate a specific state, like the regular 'haube trichters? Or was this the standard for all private purchase pieces?

Cheers,

Laurie

jaeger-trichter.jpg

Thanks Tony! I know so little about shakos, tschapskas, and Busby's. Maybe I need to start learning?

Here is interesting comments I received.
Some officers wore plume who did not parade. They include non-regimental officers who wore white plumes.

I have to do more digging here. For anyone who is interested. I have no ego in any of these articles. This is about learning. I've been wrong before, and I will be wrong again. So shoot away please! You won't hurt my feelings.

Laurie,

Just saw your post... I am not an expert on anything let alone shako stuff, but I do know this. It seems as though the beaded design on private purchase trichters was a style. I have two that are beaded and two that are not. The catalog listing for the trichters lists only one type of trichter for shakos. The only upgrade is to make it extra light.

There is a famous picture from Junkers that shows many different styles. Beaded tops is just one. I think it is in the Stubbs book.

Hey Laurie,
Cute avitar, is that you?
Gus
ps, our anual trip to Canada has been postponed, so you will not be able to beat the crap out of me this year, unless you come to SOS

Thanks, Joe. I checked out the Junckers picture in Stubbs - You're right, it shows a fluted barrel, like mine, and a smooth barrel, similar to Tony's.

The question is: Which regiments wore which style?

To Gus: It's not me - it's my alter ego. Imagine the Company Sergeant's dismay when he saw that recruit in the ranks?

Cheers,

Laurie

Back