Patches... I'm depending on you son...

joerookery

7109xLDg2GeQNSFMA6cb.jpg

Got this one --

AIg9JwfZ26GKV8uRid7n.jpg

This has to go with this one -- while maybe not exactly the same but close!
joepatch.jpg

joepatch83.jpg

It has to be a P'08, as he would not have a spare P'08 magazine pouch with a Reichsrevolver, the scan is too low rez to tell from the holster.
Gus

That looks like a Mauser C'96, he must have stripper clips in the mag pouch.
Gsu

That looks like a Mauser C'96, he must have stripper clips in the mag pouch.
Gsu
thanks Joe

Thanks for the extra pic, clarifies things.

My eyesight is letting me down, I initially had the 'Broomhandle' holster / stock down as a collection of accoutrements.

Now more questions -- who are these guys? There is nothing on the back. It looks as though the NCOs who are doing the training are from Oldenburg. Some of these guys have guard Litzen and some do not. The trainees do not seem to have anything on their shoulder boards.
patchs1.jpg

patches2.jpg

patches3.jpg

patches4.jpg

This might seem simple to begin with but I am trying to determine some of the time that these patches were used. I seem to be focused on the time frame of first Ypres. This card below might seem simplistic but it goes along with my analysis of doctrine and this time frame.
Scannen0010.jpg

Scannen0011.jpg

Pretty nice -- the only problem is the guard was never at this location. So was it part of division 204? Formed from the guard? These kinds of guys? These other problems that try my soul. :evil3: :evil3:

The cypher on that close-up is that of the 119th Gren.Rgt.. That would explain the collar Litzen. One of the men is clearly wearing that special Wuerttemberg cartridge pouch.

Chip

Back