Pelzmütze im Koffer

edwin

Gents, what is your opnion about this one?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Husaren-Reserve-Offiziers-Pelzmutze-Koffer-/220925328258?pt=Militaria&hash=item33702cfb82" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,

Edwin

Can we agree that this busby is made of opossum and not odder skin? I think it is a little hard to tell but it would make sense since it is missing the kolpak and fangschnur, that wasen´t worn with the feldgrau felduniform. If so this is a M1912 busby.

If that is correct the monogram is missing a "I" under the "W". The regiment (nr.7) had worn this number since the death of kaiser Wilhelm the first in 1888.

So if i am correct in believing this is a M1912 officer busby, the monogram is the wrong one. What this measn for the originality of for the rest of the busby I cannot say.

Hope this helps a little.

Maybe the "I" of the monogram just was broken off or so?
It's indeed opossum.
Looking at the provided pictures, it looks ok...

Adler

Here's a complete monogram with reserve cross for comparison...

On a HR7 Reserve officer's Pelzmütze, there is no Bandeau below the "I" so all that holds it are the tiny points where it meets the cypher. It would not take much to snag that and "pop" gone forever.

Could be right. I guess it is to late to ask for a picture of the underside of the monogram.

It is very very attractive pelzmütze :) I think it will go for much higher than 600 euroes.

If it is the real thing, then its surprising it didn't go for more than what the auction ended at. You don't see too many pelzmutze on ebay, especially not officers pelzmutze and when they come around they don't go for nearly as much as say Weitze would be asking for one.

weirdpyramid said:
If it is the real thing, then its surprising it didn't go for more than what the auction ended at. You don't see too many pelzmutze on ebay, especially not officers pelzmutze and when they come around they don't go for nearly as much as say Weitze would be asking for one.

I think the problem may be that not many people know a lot about them. I wouldn't be able to tell a photo of a good fake from an original.

:D Ron

Back