Petit gris

911car

I am only an intermediary here. A friend of mine in France, who is not a collector, found three untouched WW1 German helmets. This Prussian M15 is for sale. The good thing is that it is 100% original, including chinstrap and cockades, and it is marked to FR39: lower-Rhine Fusilier regiment, based in Duesseldorf. Price is 700 euro.
"Petit gris" (the small gray one) is the familiar term used to name M15 helmets in France.

G1070195.JPGG1070196.JPGG1070197.JPGG1070194.JPG

I might be interested, where about is it located, please? Can I go and fetch it?
cheers
Kris

Hello Kris,
This petit gris is in Nantes, Western France. Let me know if I can help...
Cheers,

Thank you!
I was hoping it would be a region I frequently visit, but Nantes is quiet to far for me.

Do they!?? :)
I am in a particular situation for the momment...trying to set off my mind by traveling, and fetch what I buy...to hard to explain( ....again....).

Oh come on now only 700 kms each way...... In Canada or the US that's a day trip.

Just kidding - a fair bit of driving unless you can tie it in to something else. By the way the wife and I absolutely love Brugge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hé Kris,

If this may help you: end of august I’m in the Nantes region (1hour drive from the centre).

Try Lier next time! It is like Brugge, but; no tourists!! ;-)

Tss tss, except for the tourists, Zimmer Tower, Beguinage and 'Lierke-plezierke', I do agree ;).

However have to pay a visit at Lier in Sept or Oct, it has been a while.

Regards,

Marty from Brugge:).

Thanks Marty,

if you are willing to do so, that would be nice.
Just need to get you the money before you leave.

Message to Kris only (dutch written):

Dag Kris,

kun je me even per pm contacteren,
probeerde je reeds tweemaal per 'conversations' te bereiken, zonder resultaat echter.
Mogelijks doe ik een verkeerde handeling, ik vind m'n berichten niet terug.

Marty

Hey Marty,

I have just send you a answer, I hope you can see it.
I have send a message to Bruno (car 911) as well in order to hear if the helmet is still available and to get more details.

Back