Photobucket alternative that WORKS

Peter_Suciu

I still can't get Photobucket to work. I've given up. I did find this site:
http://picorator.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It works VERY well.

Thanks. The only way I found to make PB work anymore is to pay their "no ad" extortion fee, then it works. Of course some of this may have to do with my having an old computer.

ebeeby said:
Thanks. The only way I found to make PB work anymore is to pay their "no ad" extortion fee, then it works. Of course some of this may have to do with my having an old computer.

It's not your computer.
It's Photobucket.

John ](*,)

photobucket sucks, but it still works for me even though it is very slow.

Hi

I have signed up with Picorator and have got as far as downloading photos from my documents into the Picorator site.

However, being digitally challenged I cannot see how to progress from this stage to moving the photos over the Pickelhaubes site for attachment to a post.

Can anyone help with an idiot's guide on how to do it. Thanks.

WEIMAR

WEIMAR said:
Hi

I have signed up with Picorator and have got as far as downloading photos from my documents into the Picorator site.

However, being digitally challenged I cannot see how to progress from this stage to moving the photos over the Pickelhaubes site for attachment to a post.

Can anyone help with an idiot's guide on how to do it. Thanks.

WEIMAR

Once you have the photo in picorator you will see a tab "Get Codes".
Click on that tab and all of the possible links appear on the right side of the page.
Copy the link entitled "Forum Code (BBC Code)" and paste it into your post.
It will show up as a link until you click "Submit".
Your photo will appear in your post.
There is no need for you to use any of the tabs at the top of the forum page: like (img), just post the BBC Code link.

I look forward to seeing your posts.

John :)

Stay away from photobucket :protest:

Skipper John

Thanks for your help with Picorator, As you'll see from the "new finds" section I have partially managed to post photos.

But...try as I might...I cannot get more than single pictures to attach so I I am still doing something wrong.

If you can get me over the multiple attachment hurdle I will be grateful - as will all the forum members struggling to follow my post

Thanks again

WEIMAR

Try this:

After you sign in click on your name in the upper right and go to "My Images".
Click on the image you wish to add to the post. It will open on a separate page.
Click on "Get Codes" and copy the Forum Code (BBC Code) link.
Paste it into your post (do not use any of the forum links, just post it):

Once you have the first photo posted you can continue to add photos. Just do the same thing again.
Click on "My Images", click on the photo you want, get codes, copy code, and add:

You can continue to do this until you have all of the photos you want. I don't believe that a post has a photo limit.

It is important to remember that all editing must be done prior to putting your photos on picorator. I have found no editing capability on that site what-so-ever.

Hope this helps.

John :)

Thanks for all of this. I too have used PHOTOBUCKET but will no longer. I will try your recommended picture host and again TY for the instructions.
Mark

ok, went to Picorator and signed up, tried to up load an image and keep getting an error message. Also noticed on their home page under this Month's Photos a few from members here as well as some, well shall we just say "interesting" type photos. :oops:

So does that mean the site has lost all of the PB hosted images? None of them come up for me and I'm done with PB.

Ron

aicusv said:
ok, went to Picorator and signed up, tried to up load an image and keep getting an error message. Also noticed on their home page under this Month's Photos a few from members here as well as some, well shall we just say "interesting" type photos. :oops:

Yeah, noticed those too. So there is evidently no 'private' account for these folks!

:D Ron

Back