Photobucket

aicusv

It appears there is an issue with Photo-bucket (again). It is effecting other boards as well as this one. Hopefully they will have it soon fixed. They claim they are down for maintenance.

It is also affecting the motorcycle forum I am a member of,they said overthere that they were having problems. What kind of problems I don't know.....

Photobucket is affecting all of us. My photos seem to come and go. I logged on to our forum and now it appears that everyone's photos are gone. I fully understand an occasional glitch, but photobucket seems to experience more than a normal amount of problems. It is also becoming more and more difficult to work with. It seems that every time I attempt to download photos and edit, I am inundated with pop-ups, advertisements, other peoples photos, etc. It is like playing a video game; "Who can beat the pop-ups?" I tried to upload a photo of a Model 1871 and somehow I uploaded a photo of rotten teeth and gums!?!?!

Here is a website to some alternatives to photobucket:
http://www.topbestalternatives.com/photobucket/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have heard some good things about Shutterfly. I might give them a try.

John :ANGRY:

I have been using PB since the forum started but I will check out Shutterfly. Thanks for the info.

I got this email ;
Ref ; Photobucket
Steve

Our site, photobucket.com is back up and running! We apologize if you recently experienced problems with our site or accessing your account. The website interruptions were due to technical issues encountered during an upgrade intended to improve website performance.

The issues have since been resolved, and at no point was any personal information or data at risk.

I have noticed that since this "down time" with Photobucket I've had to change the way in which I post photos. If you use their direct link, you'll post the image and address together.

I tried to post a photo yesterday and at the bottom right of my screen it states "you CANNOT post attachments on this forum."

Willi: The problem is that people like yourself were using this site to host your fotos. We had to cancel this option because it was taking up too much space on the forum. Now all fotos have to be hosted on some other picture hosting site.

Thanks for explaining why. I never knew there was a change, especially as I have not been that active here.

I've been having PB problems too (uploading and getting the address to work on the forum). I too will look into Shutterfly.

:D Ron

I'm a member of several forums, they all have a method to use stored images from the users computer. Why can't this be done here? Thanks.

G2

I don't have a problem with this method and I realize that it saves server space (=$). At least not as many problems as I have with Photobucket.

Nobody's photobucket photos will come up... including my own. There's a message that says they want me to upgrade (pay). in order to see the photos. Anybody else having this problem?

:-k Ron

poniatowski said:
Nobody's photobucket photos will come up... including my own. There's a message that says they want me to upgrade (pay). in order to see the photos. Anybody else having this problem?

Ron, Photobucket changed its hosting policy - hosting of images on third party websites requires an upgrade to its highest account, which costs $399 a year.

I wrote an editorial about this policy change, which I actually defended to a point, here:
http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Has-Photobucket-Painted-Itself-Into-a-Corner-84688.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paying $400US to PB is not an option for me. I am in the act of seeking out more economical alternatives. If this were a business, then I could write part off part of that expense but it is not.

Back