Photos NOT working again

cptbob

Many thanks to whoever got the photos working again! You rock!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

[I edited the topic as the photos are apparently gone. Hopefully all the hard work by everyone can be restored. Tony without Kaiser]

Joel is our tech support and he is a Master at his craft! Thanks for your comment Bob. :thumb up:

So, regarding the photo issue here, this is the latest news....the server we use to host photos (in France) had some major problems. Joel our tech guy, migrated the forum to another server until they iron out everything in France. Something must have broke during this transfer, Joel is looking into the problem. So...we can blame the French :D !

So my latest email from Joel, our tech support here on the forum:
Hi Brian:

Apologies for the delay - I've been uh, fairly busy lately to say the least so didn't get a chance to look into this as quickly as I would've liked.

Essentially the issue was with the provider in France - I temporarily switched your forum over to another provider last week so you wouldn't experience downtime but it did evidently break the photo uploading.

Fortunately the provider in France has since fixed the issue and I've moved the forum back to them which I believe should've fixed the photo uploading.
Brian:
Being from the old school, I have always said that technology is great when it works....BUT at this stage when it really is still in it's early beginnings, I mean, I am still alive and remember when IT APPEARED!! :? So, 25- 30 years of a man's life?? Billy G one of the masterminds of all this techno stuff is still alive so, as much as I HATE IT when it fails!! :ANGRY: I and we, do have to accept that it can break down and cause frustration. Please, contact me if your photos have not reappeared.

Hi Brian,

I’m able to access some photos, but not the majority. If a photo isn’t showing and I click on the box with the jpeg details I just get ‘ The selected attachment does not exist any more’. This applies to recent posts as well as older ones. I’m getting this happening on both my tablet which is an iPad and my phone, which is Samsung, so I think it’s a problem with the forum, not my devices. Very frustrating!

Patrick

I have contacted Joel our tech support and he is going to look into getting these missing photos restored.

Back