Photos of Steyr Hahn/Roth Steyr being worn

-dick rowback

:guns: Hi; This is not helmet related, but I'm wondering if anyone has photos of German/Austrian soldiers wearing pickelhaubes carrying the Steyr Hahn or Roth Steyr pistols. I do collect Steyr Hahn pistols and do not see many photos of these weapons in action. Any help is welcomed. Thanks Dick

Hey Dick, There is a photo of ebay.de of Austrian soldiers and one has what could be a a Roth Steyr or a Steyr Hahn on his hip, They are wearing the Kappe.
The first pistol I bought was a 1916 dated Steyr, it came with out a firing pin and took forever to find a replacement (that was in the days when all corrispondence was with a 6 cent stamp) Ammo was another problem, and I horded every round I could find. It is a fun pistol to shoot, although not very accurate, but much more reliable than the overated P 08.
I bought the pistol for $35, and while I was in Austrian in 1972, I picked up a holster (it is for a Roth Steyr, and that is what is in it now) for $40. I think the holster is still worth more than the pistol.
While I was in Austria, the Förrester or Branau am Inn gave me a small revolver, and being a dumb kid from the farm, I stuck it in the holster that was strapped to the back of my backpack. I traveled all over Europe with it there, and when I crossed into England on my way home, the custome official asked if I had the pistol for the holster, I replied that I did, but it was at home, he challanged me, and I told him honestly that the pistol was at home in the US, so he let me pass. It was 25 years later that I remembered that I had the revolver in the holster, and that if I had been searched, I would still be a guest of the Queen at this time. It would be years later that I would be caught on the Canadian boarder with a hand grenade:)
Best wishes
Gsu
actionfigure018.jpg

actionfigure019.jpg

=D> Gustav; Very nice pistols. You are right the Roth Steyr holsters are worth alot of$$ I'm wondering if there are unit or maker markings on the Steyr Hahn holster?? I'll have to check ebay for the picture. Thanks Dick

Back